[Solved] Home Page

Daniel

• Moderators

It depends really, if you have full server access you can control what page is served up first, you can serve up any page my moving it up the priority list, you could have default.html server up before any .php files for example, it really depends how much access you have to the configuration of your server.

If there is on turn off in my opinion is a splash screen, I don't want to go through the hassle of going to a site, only to get a splash screen and have to click to see the main site. Also they are old, no one really uses them anymore for the reason people get annoyed by them and leave.

I wonder if possible when they go to www.myva.com it takes them to a page and then i can have enter the site?

If you know what i mean.

thanks

Daniel

Daniel, I've done this using MS Expression 4, I also use Dreamveaver MX and Frontpage 2003. I just converted the default index.html in to a lead in page that has a video on it, you click on the logo and takes you to the site. Since your domain is pointing to your default index.html or htm, use it. this is my site lead in. www.usavamc.com when you click on the logo it takes your to www.usavamc.com/phpvms/. I'm sure there are better ways to approach this, but this worked for me.