[SOLVED] Regrouped with constructive information

Bluemax

Have you tried another browser?

Also in your browser the first screen shot the url is yoururl/phpvms//admin/index.php etc etc but in another shot its listed as yoururl/phpvms/admin/index.php one /... Just check you have the right path defined in your local config.php file

Ok, if you are using phpvms, go to your admim panel click on the News link at the left in the Dashboard Look at the address path, now click on the News edit button on the right and look at your screen and you will find your address will read "http://www.yoururl.com/phpvms//admin/index.php/sitecms/editnews?id=1" This appears to be correct as it is the same as my subsite which does show the Menu tools. But the address I get on my main site indicated in this post reads "http://www.yoururl.com/phpvms//admin/index.php/sitecms/editnews?id=1" I don't know the relationship between "editnews?id=1) or (editnews?id=3? infact when I attempt to follow the path in my FTP, I can't find the connection (path). I find "Sitecms" in the core module but don't see /editnews/ So, do to the structure in which things work, something I don't understand. It is difficult for me to isolate. It seems to be a simple cure, but I just have no clue.

When i go to the news i get /admin/index.php/sitecms/viewnews

When i go to edit i get /admin/index.php/sitecms/editnews?id=72

This is your news posts, your first post is 1 2nd is 2 etc etc

It just seems to me, that this is a matter of replacing a Corrupt file(page). As it is common to both the Main News page and add-on pages. The edit button just seems to point wrong. I have replaced the admin file folder, but it appears this loss of word processor ability is not a function of the admin panel. The fact that my site is very active it makes the process of elimination very difficult. As it is I can't update any of my pages, sort of takes the wind out of my sails.

The fact that my site is very active it makes the process of elimination very difficult. As it is I can't update any of my pages, sort of takes the wind out of my sails.

If you want to test these suggestions without messing up your production site download and install XAMPP. This will basically turn your computer into a web server. You could then copy your whole site to your computer. Next you would export your db and then import it in to PHPMYADMIN on XAMPP. This would allow you to test and replace all you want without effecting your production site. The only thing that you'd need to do is make sure you change the DB info in your local.config file on your PC to point to your local copy on your PC or it could still use your production DB.

I do that for my VA so I can test all the updates and modules before it hits the production site. If you break something it is not a big deal. Just copy every over and start again.

If you want to test these suggestions without messing up your production site download and install XAMPP. This will basically turn your computer into a web server. You could then copy your whole site to your computer. Next you would export your db and then import it in to PHPMYADMIN on XAMPP. This would allow you to test and replace all you want without effecting your production site. The only thing that you'd need to do is make sure you change the DB info in your local.config file on your PC to point to your local copy on your PC or it could still use your production DB.

I do that for my VA so I can test all the updates and modules before it hits the production site. If you break something it is not a big deal. Just copy every over and start again.

Holy crap..............this is already making the wind pickup a little. The whole thing (My Issue) makes no since. I find it hard to imagine that I'm the only user that has had this issue. No issues in my sub site. I'm going to try your suggestion. Thanks alot, Keith.

Holy crap..............this is already making the wind pickup a little. The whole thing (My Issue) makes no since. I find it hard to imagine that I'm the only user that has had this issue. No issues in my sub site. I'm going to try your suggestion. Thanks alot, Keith.

Problem Solved: This morning one of my site admin's sent me a screenshot of a script error he was getting, I never had this. I followed the path and replaced the script, and now all is well. Have my Edit toolbars back.

SCRIPT_ERROR.jpg