Best way to set up schedules

Angel Air

Hi all,

I have been using phpvms for about 2 months now and I think I have finally figured out most of it I.E when i need to change something which .TPL file I need to edit.

But what I can't seem to get my head around is the schedules, I have bought the simpilot Tour System add on which I have got to work after a fashion.

This is only because of my schedules, I have had to add a load of schedules which I had not intended on adding just to get the Tour System to work.

So my question is has anyone else got the tour system and if so how did you set up the schedules in order to make it work correctly, also my schedules seem to be quite eratic due to the fact that I do not have a real world airline to copy routes from as they do not exsist anymore.

So has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi all,

I have been using phpvms for about 2 months now and I think I have finally figured out most of it I.E when i need to change something which .TPL file I need to edit.

But what I can't seem to get my head around is the schedules, I have bought the simpilot Tour System add on which I have got to work after a fashion.

This is only because of my schedules, I have had to add a load of schedules which I had not intended on adding just to get the Tour System to work.

So my question is has anyone else got the tour system and if so how did you set up the schedules in order to make it work correctly, also my schedules seem to be quite eratic due to the fact that I do not have a real world airline to copy routes from as they do not exsist anymore.

So has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi Scott. Now this is going to sound far fetched but please stick with me until the end.

If you have Ultimate traffic, pick a random airline and generate their time tables. If you do not have it, I am more than sure you can find someone that can generate them for you and email the pdf docs or something like that. That is how I am doing it.

If that does not work for you as an option, feel free to add schedules as you wish man. It's your VA, run it your way. That is the awesome thing about running an airline that is not mirrored off of a real airline. You are free to do as you want.

Hi Scott. Now this is going to sound far fetched but please stick with me until the end.

If you have Ultimate traffic, pick a random airline and generate their time tables. If you do not have it, I am more than sure you can find someone that can generate them for you and email the pdf docs or something like that. That is how I am doing it.

If that does not work for you as an option, feel free to add schedules as you wish man. It's your VA, run it your way. That is the awesome thing about running an airline that is not mirrored off of a real airline. You are free to do as you want.

I remember reading about generating timetables from Ultimate traffic a while ago but have you actually found a way to do it?

Thanks.

James

Ok great tip thanks very much!!!

I am sure there is some clever person out there that could link ultimate traffic to phpvms so you can select the airline you want to use as a copy and insert it into the shedules.

I know this is a pipe dream but it was just a thought.

Anyway thanks again

Scott

That would be real nice yes. For now, I am doing them manually. Now the only issue with it is, flights with a layover (stop) at another airport. Them do not work since you need to use the same flight number 2 or 3 times. I have just been adding an aircraft that is capable of making a long flight. That would be the show stopper as far as adding them time tables to the database automatically.

Now the only issue with it is, flights with a layover (stop) at another airport. Them do not work since you need to use the same flight number 2 or 3 times.

Of course, you don't need to use the same flight numbers as the ones posted in Ultimate Traffic or MyTraffic. Or, as an addition, you can just review the flights, and the ones that repeat the flgiht numbers, just change them to a number that isn't being used.

• Like 1

Of course, you don't need to use the same flight numbers as the ones posted in Ultimate Traffic or MyTraffic. Or, as an addition, you can just review the flights, and the ones that repeat the flgiht numbers, just change them to a number that isn't being used.

That is pretty much what I did. Rather than make a couple of them one long flight, I simply changed flight numbers. A few of them made for nice long hauls though. If the routes were pulled automatically from UT and inserted in to the db though, that is where the problem comes in at. Manually entered, it would and does work as you mentioned. Simply change flight numbers.

+1 Jeff

I have found a program which could possibly solve the problem of setting up schedules it is called Ultimate Airline from flight 1 there is just one problem with it they do not make the program anymore, niether can i find it anywhere on the web to download it if any one know where i might be able to find this software i would be eternally grateful.

Here is a link to the documentation I have found http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/ult/ult.htm

Thanks Scott