Rev 960 - maintenance mode template

Nabeel

• Moderators

Nabeel, Just to ask......

I'm seeing the Unittests you have there.

What are they used for? Bug Reporting or something?

Also, I ran this rev 960.

No problems with anything, install went okay, the maintaine mode does work great.

• Administrators

Nabeel, Just to ask......

I'm seeing the Unittests you have there.

What are they used for? Bug Reporting or something?

Also, I ran this rev 960.

No problems with anything, install went okay, the maintaine mode does work great.

Unit tests are code units which are run, and there's a "pass/fail" on those tests. If they pass, then the code is working properly, if not, then they fail. If they fail, then there's some defect in the code.

One of the unit tests tests out inserting a schedule, then filling a PIREP, and tests all of the data associated with that.. finances, approval/rejecting pirep, etc. This unit test file checks that:

https://github.com/n...lePIREPTest.php

From the command line you can run either the unittest/run_tests script, or go to unittest/web (http://dev.phpvms.net/unittest/web/) and it will run those test and show the pass/fail. For instance, this code checks to make sure that changing a PIREP status to rejected, actually did do that:

$status = PIREPData::changePIREPStatus($pirepdata->pirepid, PIREP_REJECTED);
$pirepdata = PIREPData::findPIREPS(array('p.pirepid' => $pirepid)); 
$this->assertEquals(PIREP_REJECTED, $pirepdata[0]->accepted, 'changePIREPStatus to REJECTED');

If that fails, then it will alert me, and I know there's an issue with that piece of code that I need to check. There's also tests for registering a user/checking the database.

Hi Nabeel. You work quick man! :D

Yesterday per our conversation, were those issues fixed as well or should I stay rolled back and wait? I tried that update one more time last night and it erased pilot pay again. Just curious.

Keep trying, they should be fixed now, but then again, maybe not. According to my tests, they seem to be. But your data helps me figure out what's happening.

Ok Nabeel, I am not sure what exactly I have going on anymore to be honest.

When in maintenance mode, all I get is a blank white page.

And I filed a pirep and it did not charge any ticket prices or fuel. Am I over looking the obvious here somewhere?

Guys I almost shat down my leg. I am not sure what the hell happened but yeah my whole website went to all white pages on me. I just uploaded a backup to my site and it came back online again.

Nabeel, is it possible I am getting a corrupt file or something? I am using your link. I think I am going to leave this one be for a while until I can figure out why it is not working for me. This one scared the living hell right out of me. :blink:

• Moderators

Hey TAV1702,

This rev does work okay for me. So are you updating it right? I installed that rev fresh but I didn't bother to update my latest stable build because I have so much custom stuff in there, :lol.

So that does work for me. Maybe try downloading the file again and see. But have mercy, back up always as you do that!

:D

• Moderators

All the changes that have been happening i think i may need to look at updating my dev site to see whats changed, and re modding all the custom files i have changed, where to start.

Good job i created notes when modding them all lol or i would be well and truly screwed.

• Administrators

Ok Nabeel, I am not sure what exactly I have going on anymore to be honest.

When in maintenance mode, all I get is a blank white page.

And I filed a pirep and it did not charge any ticket prices or fuel. Am I over looking the obvious here somewhere?

They're blank in the PIREP? Is there a fuel price in the PIREP?

I'm seeing everything populated, for both types of PIREP fillings

My whole entire website was blank. Every page I visited was all white.

And as far as the numbers go, before the site blanked out, I did file a pirep and all the numbers were 0 on the pirep except for hours flown and the hourly rate for the pilot (me). I tried to refresh the pilots pay in the maint area and it set everyone back to $0.00 again.

So I went and figured I would give the maint template a try. I opened my config file and made the false = true. that is when the site went completely white on me. No matter what I did, I could not get it back.

I then uploaded a fresh downloaded copy of the update and uploaded it as I have since day one of using phpVMS. Went to go to the install script, Completely all white page still.

SO then I busted out the backup of my site that was rather fresh. A couple days old. I uploaded my backup files, TAH-DAH! I now have a working site again. Even though it is using the V560 database updates. I did fail to get a copy of my most recent database yesterday. Duhhh Ray! I know. ;)

Now to get to the even funnier part. Me being me, I create a all new DB, upload the stable vms version and updated to the one I am having issues with, worked as good as could be. Hmmmmmmm Short on disc space for my crappy hosting package, I had to delete it.

You have a VERY fresh copy of my database Nabeel. Do you see any reason at all why this would be happening to me? When my site went all white on me, I looked at my DB and could not find anything strange at all. I do however have all kinds of entries in my error log that are bothering me that I need to get fixed.

• Administrators

Can you email me the error log?

White page means a PHP error somewhere, are there error logs on your host?

If it's still happening, if you can give me access, I can look faster than I can give instructions on how to look

Can you email me the error log?

White page means a PHP error somewhere, are there error logs on your host?

If it's still happening, if you can give me access, I can look faster than I can give instructions on how to look

Sending a PM now.

• Moderators

Also tried with mysqli same thing,

DB check shows missing,

[ERROR] The column paytype is missing!

[ERROR] The column payforflight is missing!

So that is stopping the updater running.

Check files gives the usual errors which are expected on the files i have manually changed.

• Moderators

after i update all myu flash charts giving this

Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [syntax Error]

Error at character 0, line 1:

0: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/x

this is in the pilot public .tlp and in the privat

also i have the jquery pagnation metions here in the forum installed same for that not working correctly annymore

• Moderators

ok now i am feeling totaly noobish the problem wasn't the update but i also made the changing wit the index.php mentiont in some other post but when i set the following

Config::Set('URL_REWRITE', false);

to true then the charts go koekkoek

now i only need to figure out what the hell is going one with the pagnation i update and it get screwed