Admin News edit problems

I'm in the process of moving our VA to phpvms from another system and I have to say that the possibilities here are amazing. I did search the forums but didn't find a relevant topic.

Our site is in the early stages of development with a very standard Crystal skin, and things are going very smoothly, but I found a slight problem from the Admin panel. If I try to add or edit the news I see the title box but nowhere to edit or add the news text. On the side bar it has the tips from the email page (insert pilots name, etc) but nothing relevant to news text. Nothing has been edited or changed in this area, it's just the way it was when it was installed. Is there anything that I'm missing here?

Following on from that I added some news text via the database table (SQL set to UTF-8) and I can add accents (it's in Portuguese) that show up OK in the table but display as strange characters when viewed on the site. The app.config is also set to UTF-8 so I should be displaying correctly? Airport names with accents show up OK, so it seems the the language settings are OK.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

post-2520-061321400 1320095417_thumb.jpg

OK, the second problem has been solved, I now have my accents back :)

For some reason my SQL database was set to Swedish. Changing the tables to UTF8 solved that particular issue.

The missing edit box still remains unsolved, and I get the email sidebar when I go to view all bids too. I reuploaded the ckeditor folder from the install package as one poster reported that something similar happened when this file was corrupt, but that didn't change anything for me.

TTFN

OK, checkinstall gives...

phpVMS Build Number: 934

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.3.6.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Checksum failed] /core/templates/schedule_results.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

-- Checked 183 files, found 1 errors

OK, problem solved, it was nothing to do with phpvms after all. The problem only happened with the Opera browser, when I changed to IE or Firefox the edit box appeared

Thanks for the help, now a quick question from a noob.....how do I change the title of the topic to add [sOLVED]?

Thanks