New Design for Hellenic Airways

mseiwald

Hi guys I`m currently making a new design for Hellenic Airways.

It is still work in progress I just wanted to ask for some suggestions and opinions.

http://www.hellenicair.co.nr/

any ideas for improvements on the layout itself? Of course I know there is still a lot to do within several .tpl files because most of them are still unchanged from our old design. I will also use a different cloud BG image in the final version but it will look similar to the actual one.

I have also attached a pic of the new pilot center I`m currently working on.

Any suggestion is very welcome.

kind regards

Manuel

post-2351-0-03717300-1330510719_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

I gotta say, it looks very nice!

You done an well job on it!

But the navigation could need some work, it doesn't seem to blend into the background enough, but other than that, it's all good! :)

• Moderators

Hey Kyle,

thank you for your feedback. I`ll have a look at the menu again.

btw i also like the design of sun country va very much. looks really great ;)

kind regards

Manuel

Thanks Manuel. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

finally I`m done. :-) Hope it helps getting pilots to jump in their airplanes. Unfortunately of our ~ 30 registered pilots we got only 3 that actually are flying. I Really don`t get it why people are registering at a VA when they don`t fly then. Makes absolutely no sense to me ;)

post-2351-0-18090100-1332623380_thumb.jpg

yap i'll give him a few days to remove my skin otherwise i'll contact his host. Not that big problem as his airline is in a complete different region and also is in different language.

But i just don't understand why people are copying the styles of other va's. When i want to run a VA i want to have a unique look for my site. It is a lot of work to create a unique skin yeah and it sometimes is frustrating when something doesn't work as expected but you find good tutorials for almost everything for free on google. And when youre site is finished and you finally got a good looking skin you'll have lots of pleasure everytime you visit your site because you know it was your own hard work. Thats how i see it. It wouldn't give me anything to know this is a stolen skin from someone else everytime i visit my site. Creating a Skin like mine is no magic. I haven't had much experience with webdesign myself before phpVMS. Maybe some of you have seen crazycreatives but i'm not a Web Designer there. I'm First Officer on A320 aircraft and act as CEO for CrazyCreatives but making only After Effects Projects there. So to get my skin ready i spent much time searching, reading and trying tutorials from google. Thats something everyone can do. And i think if you want to run a VA you really should take the time and make something yourself or if you don't want to do this forget the idea of running a va and just join one as pilot or staff member.

Not meant do start a bashing here again....we already had enough of this. This was just meant to show those people that you don't have to be a professional Web Designer to make a nice looking skin.

(null)

• Moderators

After so long of this not happening its going again. Ive grown up and have learned from my past but i know what he means as its happened to me to in the past. Just kids. So annoying.

I wasn't really meaning to you, lol. The "current ones" who steals skins.

Hopefully no Offense given to you.

yap i'll give him a few days to remove my skin otherwise i'll contact his host. Not that big problem as his airline is in a complete different region and also is in different language.

Fair enough for the person.

Not meant do start a bashing here again....we already had enough of this.

Nope, not anymore. lol. It ends right now.

Another reason I don't advertise my VA in these forums too often. I am always coming up with new ideas on what to put on my site every day. If I cannot find a way to do it, I ask in the forums or search Google for the answer. I, too have learned my lesson, and learned to do things myself. It not only makes you look good, but also lets you understand how things are done so you can help others with their problems.

you are absolutley right ;) I´ve learned this lesson now...this was for sure the last time i posted a seperate topic to show my skin and ask for oppinions here. thats sad because here are many nice guys having fun making creative sites and i love to look through the different sites of you guys which are all great work. i have no problem if someone likes something on my site and asks me if i share it with him or he gets inspiration from something specific on my site and designs something similar for his own airline....that`s all absolutely ok for me but just copying my whole code and styles is just..... ;)

Not to drag this on and on, but I started using phpVMS back in mid 2010 knowing only basic HTML, and no other coding what-so-ever. There is a lot that goes on just to operate a VA with all kinds of different types of scripts. I never thought in a million years that I would ever learn this crap. I learned most of what I know now by reading and studying what lorathon (Jeff Kobus), simpilot (Dave), Mark, Nabeel, Ray and TAV were contributing in the forums, and it just clicked like clock-work. It's not really as hard as it may seem. I know from past experiences that you can easily be eager to have the best site by taking someone else's work without permission, then it ALWAYS comes back to bite you in the end (maybe not right away, but eventually). There are many, many free HTML, CSS, PHP websites out there that show you exactly what you need to change how your website looks. It just takes a few presses on the keyboard to find just what you are looking for, and GOOGLE is always right there to show you (open 24-7-365).

• Like 1

that`s exactly what i wanted to say...... it`s not that hard to make your own unique skin as it maybe looks in the beginning. with a little bit trial and error everyone can make a skin for his site without having to copy someone elses. just use google....you`ll for sure find a turtorial or a free code for everything you want to have on your site.