Legend Air looking to lease.

What is the point in leasing an aircraft, in a virtual world? It isn't like you give an actual payment to anyone, and you can just download a paintkit online and slap your VA's livery on it. Yes I know you want to be realistic, but it is a bit far fetched to try and lease aircraft when it is only a fictional airline and you just download the paintkit anyway. If you want to be realistic, dont lease an MD80 anyway, they are not fuel efficient anymore, and the 738 is a lot more fuel efficient and so is the A320.

I actually disagree. Leasing aircraft between two virtual airlines can actually be quite fun, I suppose you don't know till you try?

I did it once before when I was with a charter airline and it was quite neat to send emails between us and a small sort of contract. You can make it as little or as realistic as you like and for example I agreed that he could lease it from me and he would have to take away a fixed sum (expenses) from his VA every month and it worked really nicely.

As for the MD-80 well...hmmm... cant really think of any airline that has them! I know Spanair Virtual does but they are very cherished :D Good luck Tory and hope you find some they are beautiful birds!

You could even send an email to different VA's that operate them and see if they are willing, perhaps one suggestion is Meridiana Virtual. I think they have quite a few spare haha

We could just add them, but it is kind of cool to extend your contacts and work with other VA's out there to bring your airline to a whole new level of realism. We have 737-700's and -800's both NG but we are looking to add some age to our fleet and add a better "middle man" for pilots transitioning from our express fleet (EMB-120's, ERJ-145's, CRJ-900's, some are older aircraft). The reason we are looking to lease first is to see how the pilots react and how much they are used. If they are used a lot we would look to buy, if not, we arent tied down.

MD80: Half the price of a new 737 is one reason. Also, First Class is the quietest cabin of any airplane. Love the MD80's!

Agreed! I love the way the look, sound, and fly. Saw one tonight in DL colors at DEN in real world. Made my night!

• Like 1