xacars setup/install [Solved]

mischka

Today I'm trying to install some acars for my airline..

As I already had xacars installed I tried that first: I Created the tables in the db as per instructions on the xacars website (xacars.net)

Then I downloaded the php files for it, but there is absolutely no documentation about where to put these?

I downloaded the xacars,ini file and put it in the xacars folder, that seems all fine but it doesnt write anything to my tables. On the contrary: when I click on "start acars" it just sits there ... until I click "stop acars" and then it crashes *thumbsdown*

WTH?

ps I noticed that when I download some file from my site it ads some counter code to it. I can remove these from the acars ini files, but might it be an issue with the acars system?

try kACARS

that doesnt really help... its like I tell a mechanic my bmw is broken and he tells me to buy a mercedes.

i tried kacars, it comes up with some error message:

Notify System Administrator of Switch Error

Data Not Received

Switch=verify"

the documentation is equally s***ty

Guest lorathon

to run xacars with phpVMS you do not nee to do anything with the DB. The script and DB are already setup once phpVMS is installed. Same with fsacars.

kACARS also runs with the standard phpVMS package. You will need to update the module if you wish to use the latest version but thats it.

You are doing to much.

Uhm, could it be this: http://box10.host1fr...s/fsacars/acars

I'm not sure anymore which one it was, it's late and the simulator has been switched off.

what about those switch= parameters? Surely there must be an overview of them?

also I saw it can be a version issue.. although I downloaded the latest module from the fsproducts website, so it shouldn't be... where can I see a version number in the module?

Use http://box10.host1free.com/~virtua4 for the url in the kACARS settings.

afaik that's what I did... I suspect my freehosting is the problem here because it adds some counter code to the end of every file you download, so the acars might be confused. I will continue investigate this in a few days. thanks for your help so far!

In what programming language is this kacars written?

With kACARs you don't need to download anything from the site. You upload the module to the core/modules folder, Then open kACARs go to the VA profiles, create a VA profile, and put in the url base for the va, pilot id and password, give the profile a name, then go to user settings and in the drop down beside va profile, select the VA profile you just created, and click save, and you should be able to log in fine.