phpVMS Install Tutorial

Stealthbird97

That's all very well, and pretty well done and well executed, however... the first 12 minutes are about setting up a hosting account and a free domain name, which some people might have or might want to do with another provider (unless your aim is to promote these providers you use). So if somebody uses another provider the first 12 minutes won't apply to them.

I guess that those too dumb to sign up for a hosting account and upload files via ftp, should spend their time doing something else than starting a VA, if you know what I mean :)

What would be really great is to explain in a video how the different tpl files relate to eachother, what is the difference between a skin and a layout, and how to install modules. That's the kind of stuff I was struggling with in the beginning because it's not all that clear from the documentation.

Also, it might be handy to give a bit of a primer on the admin module, and maybe how to change settings in the local.config files?

just giving you some ideas.. keep up the good work!

I guess that those too dumb to sign up for a hosting account and upload files via ftp, should spend their time doing something else than starting a VA, if you know what I mean :)

What would be really great is to explain in a video how the different tpl files relate to eachother, what is the difference between a skin and a layout, and how to install modules. That's the kind of stuff I was struggling with in the beginning because it's not all that clear from the documentation.

Also, it might be handy to give a bit of a primer on the admin module, and maybe how to change settings in the local.config files?

just giving you some ideas.. keep up the good work!

I Completely agree with you. To be honest this video was for a Virtual Airline Alliance that has so many stupid kids in it, that can't be asked to setup phpVMS or don't have the mental capacity to do it.

I just thought it may be helpful putting it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I will be starting a phpVMS video course.

I will be starting with video installation, moving onto creating simple modules, showing how stuff interacts with each other and from there on see where it takes me and show how advanced stuff is done. :)