Install help

OzFlyer

Hi There,

Install will not go passed Installer step 1 - part 5 (Installation Doc from website).

I fill in the database setup page and click next step. and the page changes to building database tables and that it all come to a stop.

Can any one help?

Thanks

David.

• Moderators

No - Its my own windows test server. I want to install and get it working and understand it before going live with it.

David.

Oh yeah, Windows Servers can be very ecchky with phpVMS. Did that for one VA, and it was an MySQL Issue, spent all night pulling my hair on why it wouldn't work. Switched back to our CentOS.

What errors are you getting on the message as WelkaT is saying?

• Moderators

I use easy php and I had the same problem with the newer version but the older version was working just fine. I think it has something to do with the php version and mySQL. Try using the older version of "ëasy php".

That was the issue. phpVMS doesn't work at specfic versions of php and MySQL.

I use easy php and I had the same problem with the newer version but the older version was working just fine. I think it has something to do with the php version and mySQL. Try using the older version of "ëasy php".

OK I have now rebuilt a clean server and loaded Easy PHP.

All went well up until -

1) I try and add more pilots (The first/admin is OK) but when I try and add a 2nd pilot when you press the register button it just reloads the registration page and no pilot is added.

2) Can only see web site from host can not load website from any other computer. Windows firewall is turned off and NO 3rd party firewalls are installed.

Using Apache and MySQL that installed with EasyPHP 5.3.9

• Moderators

1- have you inserted the security sentence correctly cause this issue goes back to that part mostly?

2- Easy php only works on local computer since the files to load the software is actually on client side not on the server side.

1) Is there any firewall posts that need to be open for the security part to work?

As my test server and client are both be-hind a firewall.

2) If all the file for EasyPHP are on the client side then I will have to change the Ver, of PHP for it to go live so others can use it? or am I missing something?

OK then I think this is where I may give up WHY tell me to use EasyPHP if it will not work as a VA host.

Now I have to start all over again (for the 3rd time).

Sorry if that sounds rude but I have now wasted 4 days and a PC rebuild on this.

So now I go back to my first post -

I installed mySQL, Apache and PHP from there websites copied the PHPVMS file into the www folder and it will not build the database tables.

David.

If you want a good localhost solution, that phpVMS works well with, try downloading USBWebServer. Just my two cents :)

Try it. Throw the phpVMS installation into the /root folder of the software, fire up the application. It will start all the things you need (MySQL, PHP, Apache) and will enable you to install phpVMS on your localhost. I use it all the time.

• Moderators

David,

What do you exactly trying to do? you mentioned you wanted to test phpvms and I mentioned EasyPHP so you can test it. Sorry if I'm being rude but every software has a manual that people actually read before use, so they can get the idea of what it does and EasyPHP is nothing different.

SO,

You need to run easyphp, right click on the icon in system tray, then click "administration" then a page opens and you click on "Manage your data bases" Then create a DB and a username then install phpvms and provide the DB info to it, so it can create the tables and run the software.

Sorry I am not trying to be rude or a pain but I am trying to build a test server which I can run before going live.

So I would need to be able to test all of it - admin, weblog on and Pireps etc.

When a support staff said use this then one would think it will fully work and yes I did not read the manual as I was working from the install guide from this web site.

Again I am sorry If I did not explain what I was trying to do fully.

David.

• Moderators

That's all right. Now, if you want to test the software as I mentioned EasyPHP is a good way but keep in mind that it doesn't support the email service so don't be surprised if you don't receive any emails but you can easily use other parts. Also, you will not be able to send actual flight reports to it however you can use the manual flight report submission available at pilot center. Any ways, work with it and you'll get the idea it's a pretty simple software. :)

• Administrators

What version of PHP and MySQL?

There are issues on 5.4, but setting error reporting to:

error_reporting(E_ALL ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);

Or whatever error_reporting you have, if you add:

& ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED

That should get you through until the next phpVMS release... aaand before someone asks when ( ;) ) I have not had even a single minute to comb through any errors or work on anything... I'm probably pushing 65/70hrs a week at work ... Someone had a few pull requests with some fixes, but that's on the master branch. To be honest, I'm not even sure of the state of that. But I'll gladly accept help

There shouldn't be anything that was deprecated being used, I was pretty careful to check against that, but it's quite possible I've missed something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

OK I have most of it working now, Still have 3 problems (NO PM's with "I will log into your server and fix it for you" thanks).

1) Can not register any new pilots just keeps looping back to the same registration page I think is reCaptcha. As it on a test server behind a firewall I could disable reCaptcha If I new which script and what to remove?

2) With the 1 pilot I have I can not file any PIREP's. I can bid on flights and they show up in "My Bids" and when I file a PIREP it removes the bid from the "My Bids" list but no PIREP is filed.

3) How do I add a starting/opening balance to my Airline.

Using WinXP Pro with Apache, PHP-5.3.10, PHPMyAdmin-3.4.9 & MySQL-5.5.20

Running on a private server behind a firewall

UPDATE: The FS-X client PC is also behind (On same local network) as the server.

Manual/web PIREP also fails.

Any help please.

David.

RE: reCaptcha.

The firewall maybe your problem. It maybe blocking certain requests.

OK this is it been trolling the internet and found that I need to disable it.

Can you PLEASE tell me the name of and where to find the PHP file and what needs editing out to remove the reCaptcha check.

Thanks

David.

• Moderators

I think the recaptacha code is in the registration module, I suggest not trying to remove it, as it just is a pain in the back trying to figure out which part of the code and where to start and stop deleting.

I agree. The reCaptcha is sometimes very difficult to read, so try refreshing it until you can fully read it and finally register.

Hi all,

Thank for the info on which module it was in that was easy to remove took about 1/4 hour to find.

Now for the PIREP's I can not file any PIREP's. I can bid on flights and they show up in "My Bids" and when I file a PIREP it removes the bid from the "My Bids" list but no PIREP is filed.

Filing via web page.

David.

• Moderators

Are there any error messages when you submit the pirep? Also, have you checked the DB to see if the pirep info was actually inserted to the table properly or in the admin center/dashboard, can you not see the submitted pireps listed? If the answer to those are "Yes" or "No" then you might wanna run the install check located in install folder. As I mentioned, on EasyPHP the only thing that's not working is the emailing service all other parts should be working if the software was installed properly. :)

Hi all,

When I press "File Flight Report" it comes back with "No reports have been found".

Dashboard show "0 PIREPs pending".

All SQL Database fields starting with "phpvms_pirep" are empty.

Not running EasyPHP as it only work with localhost and I want to be able to test as if a web user.

Screen dump of both PHP scripts

phpVMS Virtual Airline Administration Software

Install Check

phpVMS Build Number: v2.1.935

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.3.10.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!