[SOLVED] FSPassengers couldn't export to phpVMS

CrashGordon

One of our pilots got this:

Attempt To connect to website...Connection etablished - OK.

phpVMS/FSPAX ACARS

Omega-Air Virtual Airlines/******* selected

8 total flight, 1 flights marked as not exported. Ready to export...

-Exporting of 1 Flights started:

-Error, unable to export flight number 8 ->Error - The web site didn't replied

1 flights could not be exported.

Any thoughts on what this is likely to be?  Let me know if more info is needed TIA.

I've been looking for somethig to figure out why the double slash.

I found this in local.config.php

define('SITE_URL', 'http://www.fspirep.us//phpvms');

Is it possible that when I installed it, I entered a typo?  I've never seen a double slash like that after the domain name anywhere else that I recall.

I'm sorry to say that when it comes to php, I'm pretty clueless. :'(

I only had one exportable flight.  Also, it can export to the FSPAX site, so I don't think it is a firewall issue.  I will try another flight with it, today.

BTW, if I throw too many things at you, too quickly, let me know.  I'm trying to switch my site from VAFS to phpVMS as quickly as possible.  We had some ugly experiences there.  (Most of our data disappeared, and the only guy who could fix it was on vacation for 3 weeks.)

Here, it is on my server, so I naturally figure, it's my fault and can't yell at anyone. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I didn't notice any documentation for FSPAX to phpVMS.  Are there any caveats or known issues I should be aware of?

Guys, we had this problem with some of our guys and when I looked at the FS Pax config file compared to other VAs I've flown for, it's not generated the same. Every field needs to be on its own line or it might not read it correctly. The auto-generator is generating them all on one line and it works for Acars but not Pax. Maybe a possible fix for that in an upcoming update?

Here's how it generates them:

menu_name=TexAir Virtual Airlines; base_url=http://www.texairvirtual.com; path_stats=index.php/acars; path_export=action.php/acars/fspax; username=TXA100; password=none;

Here's what I told my pilots to do:

menu_name=TexAir Virtual Airlines;

base_url=http://www.texairvirtual.com;

path_stats=index.php/acars;

path_export=action.php/acars/fspax;

username=TXA100;

password=none;

It's worked for everyone using it so far...

• Administrators

Yeah, I was about to suggest was Darryl said.

It seems on linux servers, it inserts an "n" instead of the Windows required "rn" (or it could be the other way around). But, perhaps FSPAX is tripping on that (which would be weird, but not unexpected)

Tried all of that.  No joy.

But I did notice something odd.

FSPAX is reporting this path:

phpVMS/FSPAX ACARS

Where is the "/" between FSPAX and ACARS?

EDIT:  I also not that in the sample config in the FSPAX VA folder, that // is used as a comment.  Does that have to have a leading space to be a coment, because if not, how does it parse the // in the base URL?

UPTADE

I filed pirep manually, and when I tried to export from FSp, what happened? Guess what? I still didn't work, but just for those flights that wasn't the same I filed manually. This one, it exported with success. But why It could export a flight that was already on the database and couldn't export the others?!?!?!?

I'm working the problem backwards.  I'm trying to ascertain from the FSPAX folks what would generate that "the web site did not replied" text.

In my case it looks like FSPAX can connect to the server, but something fails after that point.  If I can find out something that would provide a clue where things go awry.

I am the world's biggest dummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I've been driving Nabeel nuts over this and it is all my fault.  FS Passengers, if left to its own devices, generates a random flight number.  Since that number is not likely to be the flight you flew in phpVMS, it won't be accepted.

Fortunately, FSPAX permits you to specify the flight number before you start the flight.  Enter the correct flight number and it fioles the PIREP just fine.

I really need to have my logic circuits replaced. ::)

Another thing, if your VA has several airlines with different ICAO codes, you may need to create separate companies in FSPAX to match them.

• Administrators

Well, that would do it! Hehe... well, the different airlines doesn't matter as long as the flight number matches and is the full flight number including the airline code.

But that's interesting, because the flight log you gave me didn't seem to have a random flight number.

Glad it's working now though!

• 10 months later...

Oh gotcha... hey no prob man, I didn't notice it either lol

I need to put up a guide on how to use FSPax

Hi Is this guide forthcoming as we are having a few problems with FS passengers not exporting, stating invalid flight ID ect ect .It would be a great help if there was a guide on how to set up and configure what is needed.

• Administrators

Hi Is this guide forthcoming as we are having a few problems with FS passengers not exporting, stating invalid flight ID ect ect .It would be a great help if there was a guide on how to set up and configure what is needed.

There is, goto "Documentation" on top, then ACARS Guides, then FSPax. There's a video t utorial