vWN Airlines Begins Operations

(07/03/2013) - vWN Airlines Headquarters | Dallas, TX

I am very proud to announce that vWN Airlines has been fully up and running since 5:00 PM Eastern on July 1, 2013! It has been a pretty strong start, with 13 pilots joining and starting to get into the air with us on and off of the VATSIM network.

A quick "history" lesson about us, and what we do; vWN Airlines was started in mid April of 2013 with the main goal of creating the most realistic, technological advanced, and active Virtual Airline representation of Southwest Airlines, available to virtual pilots world wide! With so many Southwest Virtual Airlines on the web, it was never a thought that the options would be so lacking in general terms. Searches returned many of these VAs, but all seemed to have something wrong with them. Some had out of date technology, some had out of date designs, and some even had incorrect information that rendered them "unrealistic". Most all of them were lacking activity, and the general sense of community that should be felt by Virtual Airline Pilots as they search for new homes on the web. This is where the idea of vWN began, with you, the pilot, in mind. vWN set out to provide the most realistic virtual representation of Southwest Airlines to our members. From crew bases, to routes, and even the codeshare and partner flights, we aim to be the best, most realistic option for you all!

I encourage you to check us out at www.wnvirtual.org when you get the chance to, and see for yourself what makes us so unique. When designing the website, we wanted something that was clean, pleasing to the eye, and very easy to use. vWN is committed to providing excellent web services and technology to our pilots, so updates to the website will be made constantly if needed to provide such stated environment! We are still hiring for a few Staff Positions, so if you are willing to work hard in a very rewarding role, please check out our website and let us know! We are working on some bugs with the website, and will also be adding V1 of our fleet as well as some awesome documentation about our aircraft for pilot's use in the next three weeks.

Again, our website is located at www.wnvirtual.org!

Blue skies.

• Like 1

So quick question. Ive been wanting to ask but hope you might have mentioned it on recent post but i see you didnt. What does the WN stand for....im not too familiar with southwest atleast not to know if they use WN and what it stands for.

All in all great looking site. I see alot of potential and looks like you are going to take this VA to great heights! Keep up the great work!

So quick question. Ive been wanting to ask but hope you might have mentioned it on recent post but i see you didnt. What does the WN stand for....im not too familiar with southwest atleast not to know if they use WN and what it stands for.

All in all great looking site. I see alot of potential and looks like you are going to take this VA to great heights! Keep up the great work!

WN is actually their IATA code! United is UA, Delta is DL, Frontier is F9, etc. So we use that name instead of the usual "Southwest Virtual Airlines".

Thanks a bunch! It isn't anything too fancy, but provides a great setup for some awesome things later down the road.

• Like 1

WN is actually their IATA code! United is UA, Delta is DL, Frontier is F9, etc. So we use that name instead of the usual "Southwest Virtual Airlines".

Thanks a bunch! It isn't anything too fancy, but provides a great setup for some awesome things later down the road.

Ahhh nice move....people usually go with ICAO code ive never herd of anyone using there IATA code...impressive!

• Like 1

Ahhh nice move....people usually go with ICAO code ive never herd of anyone using there IATA code...impressive!

I have to give credit where credit is due, I got the idea from a VA that was big a few years ago called SimB6. I did like the idea of it though and am very happy to be, as far as I know, the only VA to use the IATA to help our own "branding" and give us just one more reason why we are different! :)

Looking amazing! Seems like a big success, and I'm looking forward

to it excelling in the community as one of the best Southwest Virtuals.

Good luck

Thank you very much, Chase!

why don't you write to the other virtual southwests and try to merge them into your airline. it's kinda pointless having all these different virtual southwests ... better to work all together on one?

Here is the link for my original post that explains some of this.

Beautiful site mate! I also really like your sig image too! :)

Thanks a bunch! That means a lot coming from such an amazing VA CEO! :)

• Like 1