ACARS Acuracy

goldenairways

I am trying out ACARS for a EGLL-KMIA flight, however its been 15 minutes and I am not sure how acurate it is. Because while I was taxiing it said I was taking off, thats not a huge concern however it says that I am over the welsh border but alot more north than I am, I am infact exactly on my flight path at this time, and it says that I am crusing about 1 minute after I took off, and I was climbing to FL250. There are loads of other things but I am not really sure why it is so inacurate, I was expecting for it to be precise pretty much, some of the info its telling me, I don't know how its come up with that.

Yea, I know about this however I have been taking everything into consideration and the details the FSACARS is giving out hasn't even come up in flight simulator. Here is a screenshot for an example:

15s0xaa.jpg

And I checked that it'd uploaded straight away. But I am considering doing a return flight but using Xacars instead since I have read some things about that too. Do you think FSACARS is best or Xacars?

• Administrators

Plus, I have just had to stop for fuel but when I took off again it kept saying I had arrived when I clearly hadn't, do you know how to stop this happening?

That's FSACARS. I can't control how it reports all that. It doesn't give me a heading to do a directional icon. However, XACARS does so I might have it do directional.

Also, yes, it draws from A-B. There's no navigational data to draw routes