Need your help

Nabeel

• Administrators

A quick inquiry to all of your - I'm introducing navdata into phpVMS, for routes, just mainly a cosmetic thing. But it's quite a bit of overhead, to be honest.

Here's how I've worked it out -

Navigation data - fixes, waypoints, etc are on the API server. On first "use" they'll be retrieved, and stored in your database, though I'll make it available for you to load completely, locally. The reason I did this was because it's over 200,000 rows - about 6mb worth of data. It's also indexed, so that brings it to maybe 12mb size - quite a bit. But again, I'll have the .sql dumps available for download, in case you do want to load all of it locally. It doesn't do anything except take up space.

The other part are airways, which is a smaller dataset - about 800kb, also indexed, about 1.5mb is size total then. Just over 8100 rows. This, I plan to distribute with phpVMS installs, since it's the more "intensive" dataset, determining the entry/exit points with the route, and which airway. This will be queried heavily, and it's a huge load on my end, and I can't effectively cache it for thousands of queries. But - on the clientside I can easily file-cache the lookups, so it's near instantaneous. The downside is the dataset size.

So what I did, was link to the .sql file for the airways, and if you guys can just load it up in phpMyAdmin, and let me know if that import works. From there I'll determine if I'll include it, or do the same strategy I've done with the navdata.

http://dev.phpvms.net/routeload/airways.sql

And here's the navdb with the 200k+ rows:

http://dev.phpvms.net/routeload/navdb.sql

Also, include the type of hosting you're on - free, shared, etc.

Thanks!!