PIREPs not submitting

pupsyaus

I have just moved our VA over to a new web server and everything is working fine except that when a PIREP is submitted either manually or via acars it fails to put this in the database thus losing all the information. I have checked that there is sufficient permissions to write to the database and there is - bids work fine, new pilots can join, etc. Just PIREPs wont submit. Any help greatly appreciated.

Nothing is showing up in the error_log

It seems to only be the pireps table that is not updating, everything else is working fine.

This is the only error I am getting on the list of pireps after submitting: Warning: Creating default object from empty value in \core\classes\Vars.class.php on line 74

if that helps

• Administrators

Did you use the same database format from the old install as well as the same core files? That looks like the system is looking for a variable to save to the table that is not being submitted or is trying to save a variable to the database and the field does not exist in the table.

I tried that but it failed with the following error:

Stopped at the line 340.

At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts or very long procedure definitions. Please read the BigDump usage notes for more infos. Ask for our support services in order to handle dump files containing extended inserts.

The database itself is around 90MB. Is there something I am missing with this. I don't ever remember it being this hard last time I moved server.

Am I supposed to run the install script for phpvms, let it create the tables and then import everything over (which I tried and it failed when trying to overwrite primary keys) or is there a particular setting in a file that I am overwriting when I move the whole website files over (I am not overwriting the local and codon config files though).

• 10 months later...

I gave up on this issue for a while but have come back to it. Whilst updating the website on my test server I am still unable to submit pireps, they simply do not appear in the database despite there being no errors (except for the strict standards errors which I have turned off reporting). There appears to be no issues with the database and the website runs fine on the test server except for the filing of pireps (either manually or with acars).

I know that the database is being written to because I can add new pilots, add comments to pireps, delete pilots, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

On the current server I am running Win 2008 R2 with IIS 6.1 and PHP 5.3.19 (Everything works fine)

On test server I have tried both Win 2012 R2 and Win 8.1 with IIS 8 and tried PHP 5.3.19, 5.3.28 and 5.6 (full copy of the website and database, everything works apart from the submission of pireps to the database).

• Moderators

One of my clients had that problem too. It started happening after his web hosting provider did some updates on his server. The problem did not occur on my localhost and live server. I devoted a lot of hours in order to find what caused the problem without any success. Personally, i suspect that it has to do with the mysql server version.