Database Help!!

treygeboy

Hi I am using go daddy for my website hosting and database. I try to log into the database on php installer but then i get a error saying "

Error: Access denied for user 'xxxxx'@'localhost' to database 'xxxxxxxxx". What does that mean please help.

P.S I have already talked to go daddy support.

Edited by Keith
Edited db info out of post

Look at your config.local file to make sure your database username and password are correct.

If this is not your problem something tells me that Go Daddy doesnt let you connect to the database remotely. This could be your problem.

Something else just occurred to me also. I don't think you use localhost with Go Daddy. I may be wrong but I did have a someone speak to me about this before

Edited by caalair

Oops - I had it backwards. Here is the path.

core/local.config.php

Look for the section below.

define('DBASE_USER', 'xxxxxxxxxxxx');
define('DBASE_PASS', 'xxxxxxxxxxxx');
define('DBASE_NAME', 'xxxxxxxxxxx');
define('DBASE_SERVER', 'localhost');
define('DBASE_TYPE', 'mysql');

Ok where would this be in my computer folders or where?

If this is not your problem something tells me that Go Daddy doesnt let you connect to the database remotely. This could be your problem.

Something else just occurred to me also. I don't think you use localhost with Go Daddy. I may be wrong but I did have a someone speak to me about this before

I called go Daddy support and they told me "localhost" I could ask agian but I am trying to get this done having sk many problems.

core/local.config.php

Someone else told me to look at this link. Any thoughts?https://uk.godaddy.com/help/connect-remotely-to-databases-4978

core/local.config.php

Ok now i got the error fixed now it is taking a while for the installer to write the tables and populate initial data is that normal?

Forget my last post i am getting another error something about time zone?? It reads

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on line 45?

And I am getting a recaptcha error when ever members try to register.

It is in your core folder. This will not fix the time error. I am still thinking about that one ;)

Ok so that should fix the recaptcha error that would be great so people can sign up. As for the time error I figured out a way to delete it off the website.

Now I just need someone or know how to customize the website by adding paragraphs, different icons, templates, etc. Do you.know someone that could customize the website for me? I am willing to pay.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same error trying to install the tables to my database.

I am using a paid service (HostGator), have the database and user set up properly, and getting the error

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'ova'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (1045)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /home2/spin/public_html/Aviation/phpVMS/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

I click "Check Database Connection" and nothing happens.

I click "Next Step" and get the error above.

I have verified the password, even copied-and-pasted it into the installer form.

The error message looks like it is accessing a file on my computer. Is that correct? It is in the folder specified.

What should I be looking for?

core/local.config.php

Interesting. Mine just says:

<?php

I copied and pasted the lines from your quote and entered he information, and still got the error.

I hope to have this up and running while on vacation this week. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

I deleted the old phpVMS folder from the host and posted a fresh install, and following the phpvms for Dummie's Guide, ran the install.php file, and get

Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in /home2/spin/public_html/Aviation/phpVMS/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 28

• 2 weeks later...

I read through all of those links, but couldn't find that error code or any way of fixing it.

One thing I notice that may be causing a problem is the installer is looking for a database with the "phpvms_" prefix, while my host names databases with my "userid_". Would that make a difference? Does the installer only recognize db's with the phpvms_ prefix?

I hope I can get my VA back in the air soon, hopefully with phpvms.

I read through all of those links, but couldn't find that error code or any way of fixing it.

One thing I notice that may be causing a problem is the installer is looking for a database with the "phpvms_" prefix, while my host names databases with my "userid_". Would that make a difference? Does the installer only recognize db's with the phpvms_ prefix?

I hope I can get my VA back in the air soon, hopefully with phpvms.

I had this error and I had to give permission for the database to give access to the website domain. This is done through the your hosting service. Let me know if that works.

OK tried that and got this errorI might have to try a different program

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'spin_ova'@'localhost' to database 'spin_phpvbs_ova' (1044)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /home2/spin/public_html/Aviation/phpVMS/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 140

I might have to try a different program

Make sure that your password for your database user inside the file of core/local.config.php is set properly.

In regards to your table prefix question, you can change it upon setup via the installer, just change it from phpvms_ to userid_

local.config.php should look like this

define('DBASE_USER', 'DATABASEUSERHERE');
define('DBASE_PASS', 'DATABASEPASSWORDHERE');
define('DBASE_NAME', 'DATABASENAMEHERE');
define('DBASE_SERVER', 'localhost'); // change localhost if your hosting uses a different server
define('DBASE_TYPE', 'mysqli'); // if you're using Simpilot's phpvms 5.5.x use mysqli, otherwise use mysql
define('TABLE_PREFIX', 'phpvms_'); // change phpvms_ to userid_ if you have setup all your tables that way
Change DATABASEUSERHERE, DATABASEPASSWORDHERE, DATABASENAMEHERE to the correct information specified in cPanel (or similar)

local.config.php just had a couple characters in it, so I pasted the text above into it, and changed the parameters.

That info is also entered in /phpVMS/install/install.php when I try to run it.

I get the same error message, ending in "ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 140"

The database is on the same hosting service as the site I am installing from. That shouldn't be an issue.