Jump to content
Amirmahdioun

Help for email

Recommended Posts

Hello all

I installed phpvms 7 on my server but i have a problem with its email setting

I set my server and email setting in php.config but after joining a new member,I and that member dont receive any email from phpvms to announce me and new member for more info about new joining 

 

please help meee :((

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

phpVMS version 7 is still in development and probably shouldn't be used for a live site. I'd recommend you use version 2.x or version 5.5.2 for now. Using version 7 on a live site is just asking for trouble - wait to upgrade until after it's released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ProAvia said:

phpVMS version 7 is still in development and probably shouldn't be used for a live site. I'd recommend you use version 2.x or version 5.5.2 for now. Using version 7 on a live site is just asking for trouble - wait to upgrade until after it's released.

Thank u for fast response 

ooomm but i dont , because when I downgrade my php version to 5.5 , my main site which based on wordpress was crash and there is no solution :(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this download of phpVMS. It's supposed to work with newer versions of php. It says phpVMS 5.0 Classic, but the download is an updated version 2.

phpVMS 5.5.2 works with some versions of php 5. My site is presently using this version of phpVMS and php 5.6.18

What versions of php will your Wordpress work with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Try this download of phpVMS. It's supposed to work with newer versions of php. It says phpVMS 5.0 Classic, but the download is an updated version 2.

phpVMS 5.5.2 works with some versions of php 5. My site is presently using this version of phpVMS and php 5.6.18

What versions of php will your Wordpress work with?

hello 

I installed phpvms version 5 at first but in installation process got some errors so installation was failed so I decided to install new version of phpvms (V7) 

thats install process was successful but I have problem with its email service and client , I have a problem with ACARS to connect to my VA too.

I tested my wordpress in php 5.6 , that is OK and no problem , so i can install phpvms 5 if there is no error during installation (I love it than version 7 because there are more skins and plugins for it) 

 

Regards 

Amir hossein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What skin are you attempting to use?

Version 2.x uses .tpl files in the skins folder. Version 5.5.2 uses .php files in the skins folder. If using a skin for a version you aren't using, you may have to convert the file content and file name to refer to the correct file extension (for instance - change all references of tpl to php). A few of the "crew center" type skins contain files for either version. 

If you have it installed and working with the default skin, you're half way there. Don't forget, any files in /core/templates that you modify should be placed in the .../skins/<name of skin>/ folder - but check to make sure there isn't a file of that name there already (if there is, use that file to modify for your needs instead of the one in the /core/templates folder.

EDIT - I see you posted in the iCrew Lite thread. If that's the skin you want to use, best to contact the developer directly through that thread.

Edited by ProAvia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ProAvia said:

What skin are you attempting to use?

Version 2.x uses .tpl files in the skins folder. Version 5.5.2 uses .php files in the skins folder. If using a skin for a version you aren't using, you may have to convert the file content and file name to refer to the correct file extension (for instance - change all references of tpl to php). A few of the "crew center" type skins contain files for either version. 

If you have it installed and working with the default skin, you're half way there. Don't forget, any files in /core/templates that you modify should be placed in the .../skins/<name of skin>/ folder - but check to make sure there isn't a file of that name there already (if there is, use that file to modify for your needs instead of the one in the /core/templates folder.

EDIT - I see you posted in the iCrew Lite thread. If that's the skin you want to use, best to contact the developer directly through that thread.

at first I installed phpvms v2 and after that i found out my skin was made for phpvms v5.5x so I changed my phpvms to v5.5x and get Icrew Lite skin to install on it but could not .

(some and same problems for other skins!)

Edited by Amirmahdioun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, Amirmahdioun said:

Hello all

I installed phpvms 7 on my server but i have a problem with its email setting

I set my server and email setting in php.config but after joining a new member,I and that member dont receive any email from phpvms to announce me and new member for more info about new joining 

 

please help meee :((

Did you check the config/mail.php settings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×