Server error 500 after I copied the theme

aarbee

I had installed the latest version of PHPVMS 7.0 And I had it working.
In order to start with a different page, I had copied the Theme default to a new name and uploaded that. I hade not changed the theme.json.
I go into the admin part and select the new theme name. And on that moment I get a Server error 500

I did find this part in the logs:

[2024-04-17 00:02:21] production.ERROR: Theme default already exists {"exception":"[object] (Igaster\\LaravelTheme\\Exceptions\\themeAlreadyExists(code: 1): Theme default already exists at /home/name/domains/domainname.com/public_html/vendor/igaster/laravel-theme/src/Themes.php:136)
And I concluded that  I have to edit the theme.json in the new theme folder. I did that and uploaded it. Yet does the error stay.

I did look into the database in the settingspart and in the field General_theme it still says default.

The question is how do I fix this? Or do I completely start over?

Greetings,

RobB

PS I just checked it, but I had uploaded a ver.php file in order to check php versions etc into the root of the site, but even that one gives that error.

Edited by aarbee

• Administrators

Did you install phpVMS v7 beta 5 or the latest dev build from the discord releases channel?

Did you clear the cache after changing any files and before setting the theme to other than default?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply.

Well I downloaded the version from the website.

I was not aware of versions on discord.

Should have downloaded from discord?

i can reinstall as there is no man overboard and i did not add to many things.

which cache do you mean? Browser cach? No but I testes on different browsers and devices.

Rob 

Edited by aarbee

2 hours ago, aarbee said:

Thanks for your reply.

Well I downloaded the version from the website.

I was not aware of versions on discord.

Should have downloaded from discord?

i can reinstall as there is no man overboard and i did not add to many things.

which cache do you mean? Browser cach? No but I testes on different browsers and devices.

Rob 

Hi Rob,

Technically either from discord or from this forum, downloading the latest dev (development) build is the best choice... Beta.5 is ok too but it had some nice bugfixes after release and latest dev is better than the beta.5 at the moment.

Additionally, when you duplicate a theme (be it the default theme or an addon theme), you need to (this is a must) edit the theme.json and change the name, which needs to match the folder name you used. Only then it will be possible to use it and avoid any errors like you mentioned above.

So considering the error in your hands; You need to either clean the application cache from admin > maintenance page or if you can not reach there too, then you need to delete the mentioned (bootstrap/cache/themes.php) file manually for it to be re-created with the corrected info.

Hope this helps, good luck

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer.

I cannot reach the admin part either so I will delete what you suggest.

can I upgrade to the latest version?

or is it better to start over as I do not have much added to the site?

robB

Good news, glad you solved it.

It is up to you, update or do a fresh install... Just use latest dev build, how you do it is just a choice for now. If you have nothing to lose, fresh install will be easy, but I would prefer updating to have some practice for future updates ;)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have decided to upgrade. I do find the latest version on Discord from april 7. However I do not find the same on the forum, perhaps I look in the wrong spot (Announcements).

Can I find a description for the update?

Thanks ahead.

RobB

PS, I found an article in the docs and specific for updating.
I will let you know if I succeed,

Edited by aarbee

Thanks champs. Update successfull.

7.0.0-dev+240407.8554a3 I also saw the METAR working now.
This can be called closed.
Though will update another VA site of a friend of mine, but there is something specific, and I will ask some help to update that one in another post. 
Thanks.

• Like 1