Blank Page during Fresh Install

dmaxel

Howdy everyone,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of phpVMS 7 on a VPS using Docker. However, I'm only getting a blank page, meaning I'm not even making it to the installer.

More details:

• Base Docker Image: php:8-apache
    • Apache: version 2.4.59, enabled rewrite module, so things like .htaccess work
    • PHP: verison 8.3.6, has all required extensions installed
  • phpVMS Version: 7 beta 5
    • Directly uploaded (Option 4)
  • Traefik used as reverse proxy, and it's working fine as I can reach the phpVMS container
  • The page is completely blank
    • When I add echo statements to public/index.php, I can see them. So that means that I am reaching the container, and PHP can return something if it wants to
  • No logs in storage/logs
  • No PHP logs

I'm starting to run out of ideas...maybe someone can help out? Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Don't use beta 5. Use the latest dev release available from the discord #v7-releases channel.

Directly upload that package and extract to the chosen phpvms folder.

If you set up a sub-domain for phpVMS, use option #1 in the docs to install.

Hey @ProAvia, thanks for pointing to the dev releases. Didn't know those were there.

I tried out the latest dev release but still ended up with a blank page. I figured out how to get proper error logging turned on, and I see this:

Uncaught Error: Call to a member function connection() on null in /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php:1819
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(1785): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model::resolveConnection(NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(1576): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->getConnection()
#2 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(1495): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->newBaseQueryBuilder()
#3 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(1531): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->newModelQuery()
#4 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(1484): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->newQueryWithoutScopes()
#5 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php(2334): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->newQuery()
#6 /var/www/html/vendor/prettus/l5-repository/src/Prettus/Repository/Eloquent/BaseRepository.php(1152): Illuminate\\Database\\Eloquent\\Model->__call('where', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/vendor/prettus/l5-repository/src/Prettus/Repository/Eloquent/BaseRepository.php(557): Prettus\\Repository\\Eloquent\\BaseRepository->applyConditions(Array)
#8 /var/www/html/vendor/prettus/l5-repository/src/Prettus/Repository/Traits/CacheableRepository.php(315): Prettus\\Repository\\Eloquent\\BaseRepository->findWhere(Array, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/app/Repositories/SettingRepository.php(43): App\\Repositories\\SettingRepository->findWhere(Array, Array)
#10 /var/www/html/app/helpers.php(181): App\\Repositories\\SettingRepository->retrieve('general_theme')
#11 /var/www/html/app/Http/Middleware/SetActiveTheme.php(55): setting('general.theme', 'default')
#12 /var/www/html/app/Exceptions/Handler.php(54): App\\Http\\Middleware\\SetActiveTheme->setTheme(Object(Illuminate\\Http\\Request))
#13 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/HandleExceptions.php(217): App\\Exceptions\\Handler->render(Object(Illuminate\\Http\\Request), Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#14 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/HandleExceptions.php(194): Illuminate\\Foundation\\Bootstrap\\HandleExceptions->renderHttpResponse(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#15 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/HandleExceptions.php(254): Illuminate\\Foundation\\Bootstrap\\HandleExceptions->handleException(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#16 [internal function]: Illuminate\\Foundation\\Bootstrap\\HandleExceptions->Illuminate\\Foundation\\Bootstrap\\{closure}(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#17 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Eloquent/Model.php on line 1819

Any clue about this? 🙂

If possible try something from php8.2 series to be sure ('cause php8.3 support is not official at the moment so eliminate that risk)

And I assume your docker has a compatible database server, like mysql or mariadb and it is configured + running. This looks like a db issue to me.

Good luck