Virtual Stock

flyalaska

• Moderators

sadly that is true va central schould expand mush more would be great some competition between the airlines instead off just linking it to the total pireps.it would be so mush more iff it had so manny more features.

maby we schould start a petition to nabeel to get him off his reallive work and let him work on this :lol:

just kidding

• 2 months later...

Well, I suppose it needs to be able to send out dividends at least once a year, or make it so an admin can do it manually maybe.

I think the price would need to fluctuate in accordance with how many pireps are being filed per day and all that kind of good stuff. Active pilots verses inactive pilots could possibly play a role in it maybe. It would need to be auto though so no admin input is necessary. It would need to fluctuate on its own so there is no bias from admin. And admin could easily keep raising the prices.

I am not sure how the whole VA stock market thing works, but I am sure it should be somewhat of what I attempted to explain.

Oh and another issue is making it so if a pilot buys stock, he or she does not get money back if everything is recalculated in the admin panel. They would need to be able to sell stock back to the company as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Would that then only be available from VA Central then?

The idea behind VA stock options would allow pilots to buy stock in the VA they belong to. This in turn would put more money back in to the Virtual Airlines account allowing them to purchase or lease more aircraft or what ever. That is IF the VA is running it like a real airline. If it is being run as a free for all and add what you like when you like, then it would not much matter. In all reality, NO airline in the world can start off with hundreds of aircraft and with a small number of aircraft, comes very little routes. This in turn allows an airline to grow as it should. This system would need to be able to take in to account how often routes are flown and how much money an airline is making or loosing. That would control the stock value right?

Now once this feature was added to the individual airlines website, I think it would be bad as hell for it to be integrated in to VA Central as well. But how would individual pilot able able to purchase stock from VA central?

I may be way off on all this. All this is strictly my own as well as some pilots thoughts.

I am very interested to your thoughts Nabeel. And I know nothing about Cake so that leaves me out.

• Administrators

Well, the pilot can register on vaCentral. Having stock for an individual VA is a bit useless, but having it based against other airlines is what will give it some value.

This system would need to be able to take in to account how often routes are flown and how much money an airline is making or loosing. That would control the stock value right?

This is already done for the rankings, so it's a matter of tweaking.

Yeah I see what you are saying as far as VA Central goes. So in the end, what will it do for the VA? That is what I am more curious about.

And I have to respectfully disagree that at a VA level it would do no good. But we can leave that for another time and place. :D

Now that would work if the money trickled back down to the VA. I can see your point there. Good one for sure. ;)

That was kind of my whole point in the beginning. The more money can trickle back down to the VA, the more it would allow a VA to grow if they were running it as a real airline basically. And, it would give the pilot something to spend pilot cash on right?

• 4 years later...