IVAO rules for VA's

Hello VA Owners,

I understand that everybody who is starting a VA want to have a lot of pilots. One of the suggestions what is given is to promote your VA on IVAO but to do that there is a rule

that you can promote your VA in the forum as it is an approved VA by IVAO. To get this approval you have to read the following rules.

§1: To become a VA affiliated with IVAO™, your VA has to be free of charge for the members, and a non profit organization. Your VA will not profit directly or indirectly from using the IVAO network, neither use IVAO™ name to do publicity of the company.

§2: Registered VAs are responsible of the logos and names they submit to the IVAO database.

IVAOâ„¢ will not be responsible of copyright violations.

§3: Your VA should use its assigned 3 letter code, to be able to use the network services provided, and only IVAO™ member VAs will have the right to mantain a registered ICAO code.

§4: VAs are required to log per week at least Nº of users X 2 hours = Required hours. It does not mean each user must fly 2 hours, it means the total of hours flown by the company must be calculated with this formule. This is the minimum required to maintain their membership status in our Virtual Airlines System..

§5: VAs are required to update their membership details when they change (URL of website, e-mail, etc...). Not reply mails due to not existing mails will do the company will be removed from the database.

§6: Member VAs will link to IVAO™ using the logo provided to them on registration. The logo MUST be only the logo sent by us.

§7: IVAO™ reserves the right to accept, deny or remove a VA from the database and/or VA's system without any advise neither explanation if Executive Commitee decide it.

§8: To be included in the VA system, the company must have at least 10 users, and you have to send an email to the email account advised in the Virtual Airlines pages requesting become active in the system.

§9: Companies not having activity in the VA system for more than 4 months will be removed from VA system. The company will continue being in the IVAO™ database but not in the VA system..

§10: Companies not having contact mail or contact person in the database will be removed from the database.

§11: The VA's System is copyrighted by IVAO™. Any company active on it can use it freely of charge. IVAO™ will only support problems with the pages, but will not support problems between the company and its users.

§12: A VA can change the CEO/Owner at any time but any new appointed CEO/Owner must always:

· be a person at least 18 y/o

· hold minimum a PP or ADC rating

· have been registered on the IVAO network for at least 6 months, with a clean suspension history in the last 3 months

· not be a CEO/Owner of any other VA/SOG (that is any IVAO member can be the CEO/Owner of only 1 VA/SOG at a time)

· be active on the IVAO network.

VAs with CEO/Owner whose account is inactive will be removed from the database if a new active CEO

is not appointed in a period of 15 days after receiving the warning from the Flight Operation Department.

§13: The VA must have and maintain a fully functional website at all time. A VA without a website will be removed from the database.

Regards,

Cor

• Like 1

• Moderators

To be honest im sick to the back teeth with IVAO and its rules to become accredited.

I do not have the time to complete the required hours so that's why my VA no longer supports them.

We were registered by someone else but because i became inactive the VA was suspended.

Ridiculous set of rules. But that's just my opinion :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

on the global part i think there need to be some rules on every server.

on the ruling off ivao i also thing thier rulling is not in the best way they let a cointroller just start controlling everywhere on tower but carry a verry tight va ruleing.

i don't think that the part of being an ivao affiliate to have posting permissions is a good one as my va also can't make the hours needed to become affiliated i find 2 hours per pilot a week somewhat over the top but thats an endles discussion.

on the other hand iff you look at the ivao forum and the birdva post then i must concour the rules need to be there

gr joeri

To be honest im sick to the back teeth with IVAO and its rules to become accredited.

I do not have the time to complete the required hours so that's why my VA no longer supports them.

We were registered by someone else but because i became inactive the VA was suspended.

Ridiculous set of rules. But that's just my opinion :)

I agree with you 100%. A lot of my pilots like to fly online but I (the owner) do not so I can't become a member. I've never had any interest in flying online and I don't plan on it either. Radar Contact works just fine for me. :-)

I agree with Mark,

Having registered with the forums and recieving about 5 different usernames and passwords to access different parts of the site I was baffled to find out that as a VA owner I could not register my VA with IVAO because I needed to hold a rating as a pilot.

Which is very annoying to say the least, also trying to navigate your way through all the rules and regulations on the site to become affiliated is a mine field in its self.

Another stupid rule is that you can not advertise your VA on there forum until you are affiliated.

After (without exagerating) 1 and half days of trying to sort it out to then be told I needed a rating I cursed at the computer and thought stuff it.

at the end of the day pilots who fly on IVAO also fly on vatsim and trawl through all of the other VA forums so I figured what ever happens my VA would reach those who fly on IVAO anyway.

That is my two pennies worth on the subject.

Scott

I too agree that the rules are too strict. Rules are needed to keep order, but making a new Va wait 6 months before they can become a VA affiliate to way too long. I have 22 active pilots, 16 of them are flying each day, so I suppose we will be using VATSIM as well!

Just my thoughts..