Pilot ID's

hollinst

Hello,

Does anyone know how to fill in the missing pilot ID's? For example, our system starts at LEV249, next is LEV250. Then... we have a major gap between LEV250 and LEV276 due to inactive members removal. We are now up past LEV310 and have a few other holes in there. Is there a way to get these holes filled without messing with any of the pilots already in the system? I know you can set them in the admin center but wont that mess up the current members?

Thanks!

• Administrators

You can reset each one to where you want it in the admin panel then reset the auto increment for the sql table to start where you leave off but you will not be able to fill in the gaps with new users automatically, you will have to move them when they signup. The sql engine will always assign the next number from the highest number in the table or where you reset the ai to, whichever is higher.

You can reset each one to where you want it in the admin panel then reset the auto increment for the sql table to start where you leave off but you will not be able to fill in the gaps with new users automatically, you will have to move them when they signup. The sql engine will always assign the next number from the highest number in the table or where you reset the ai to, whichever is higher.

Ah, ok. Thank you very much! So when I get a new pilot, lets say I want to give him LEV251. I accept him, then in the admin center use the "Change Pilot ID" tab, then reset the increment so its back on track?

• Administrators

Unfortuantly the sql engine is going to set the next pilot id as the next number of whichever is higher in the table - the highest existing pilotid or the ai setpoint.

For example:

you have pilot id's 1 - 20

and 50 - 70

you have a pilot signup and he gets id 71 and you reset him back to 21 to try and fill the gap. Even if you reset the ai in the table back to 22 the next pilot will get 71 because there is a 70 (the higher of the two numbers) in the table. You will have to move all the pilots, which I wouldnt recomend as there is a maze of things connected to pilotid, or repeat this process for every pilot until you get your gap filled. I set up a couple of va's for folks with an extra field for public call signs so staff could have the low numbers and they could have hubs with specific callsigns, that would be about the only way around this.

• 2 years later...

Unfortuantly the sql engine is going to set the next pilot id as the next number of whichever is higher in the table - the highest existing pilotid or the ai setpoint.

For example:

you have pilot id's 1 - 20

and 50 - 70

you have a pilot signup and he gets id 71 and you reset him back to 21 to try and fill the gap. Even if you reset the ai in the table back to 22 the next pilot will get 71 because there is a 70 (the higher of the two numbers) in the table. You will have to move all the pilots, which I wouldnt recomend as there is a maze of things connected to pilotid, or repeat this process for every pilot until you get your gap filled. I set up a couple of va's for folks with an extra field for public call signs so staff could have the low numbers and they could have hubs with specific callsigns, that would be about the only way around this.

So lets say I gave a friend of mine a callsign as " SBM5040" (Just him only) and my regular pilots are "SBM265" (say thats the highest for norm pilots) there is so way to delete that "SBM5040" entry or to reset it back to " SBM265" or anything lower than 5040? I went and did that out of my Ignorance please tell me there is a fix ? :(