Tour MOD

flyalaska

• Administrators

Been looking into it, was thinking some type of identifier for tour flights - a T or something. I just need to find a way to intergrate it without getting into the core files so it is not affected by an update of the core system.

• Like 1

I was looking through the manual. I saw a pic, there's an option to choose the schedule, with the plane. What I think happened was me or someone on my side uploaded an old version of the Tour Mod. I reuploaded a fresh copy and now I have the option. Unfortunately already have started the tour and have a few flights. A good feature to have would be able to update/edit after you have saved.

Is there a way to edit through the sql?

The big below is after you have added all the routes.

11.png

• Administrators

I have written the code (unreleased) to edit an existing tour but the issue becomes editing the tour when pilots have already flown routes within the tour. If you change a piece of the tour it then leaves a gap in the pilot record and defeats the "fly in order" theory of the tour system. I can set it to only allow edit if there are no pilot records attached to it as an option.

• 1 month later...

$50 bucs for a module??! No offense but that is ridiculous, you can purchase high quality aircraft for much less than that...If you guys are buying that stuff at those prices in today's economy your either rich or outside your minds...

Well worth the money. I have no complaints. I am neither rich or out of my mind.

• Like 3

Well, I guess the price is right if you even built a complex module...

No Kyle I can't make modules but I make other stuff and charge nothing for it, I've made paint kits that have taken hours I don't even want to think about. Designing a quality aircraft can take up to a year or more and many aren't even close to $50, some are more I get that, but you get more with the package.

I don't fault someone for charging, I just happen to disagree with the price. I am not attacking Sim Pilot at all his modules are great, the prices aren't..

Yeah I got it too, however the cost did not hurt me a bit and ordinarily it would... I'm broker then a 3 legged dog. 5 of us chipped in 10$ a piece. A VA with a major amount of active members should have no issues at all scraping up the money.

It is a real nice addition to a VA.

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased the module a few days ago and must admit that it's well worth it.

I don't have any other pilots and my VA mostly for personal use only, but for me combined with a lot of payware scenery airports and regions, i can now set tours so i can put myself on sort of a list to fly to these payware sceneries :)

For example, I have german airfields 3 from aerosoft, and now combined with my eddf scenery and the twin otter with my own paint, i set up a tour around germany, so i can visit all these nice airports :)

thumbs up for this addon :)

• 1 year later...

I purchased the tour module not long after it came out. My Pilots love it. My problem is trying to come up with new tours before my pilots finish the last one !

I admit that the price at first seemed a bit steep, but the pilots all donated a little money so the per pilot charge was really quite small.

• 7 months later...