Module ideas?

Kyle

• Moderators

Hey everyone,

I just recently released a module and I ran out of ideas of what other modules I could make and free for phpVMS users.

If anyone has a good module idea, please let me know.

Not something that is too complex to work on. Something not too much.

Let know if you are looking for something and then I'll consider your ideas.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Administrators

This could get fairly detailed. I would to ask what would trigger the auto award? Hours, flights, miles, landing rate, screenshot contests, all of the above? You will have to figure out an identifier to catch in order to apply the award, probably a multi-function listener would be best but, I think I would add it to the maintenace operations that way it would not run on every PIREP submittial or the same time and memory issues will probably appear that we have had in the PIREP approval process for airlines with large databases.

• Like 1

• Moderators

simpilot's right. It's too complex to work on that. I would have to figure out how I will able trigger the auto awards, somehow cronjob would work.

Sorry guys, I'll consider it in the future maybe.

-----------

Also, I have something in my mind.....

How many people are interested to have a "Create Pilot Account" in the admin center?

Same thing as the sign up page, but different way which whenever you'll create an account, but the password will be automatically regenerated to phpVMS's Password encryption. And it will add to the email.

Anyone interested into this idea? BTW, I have added the poll. Please Vote! Thanks!

• Administrators

Sorry, I think you have mis-understood me. I did not mean it was too hard to do, I meant that it would just take some work and getting the "what if's" prior to writing a bunch of code is always a plus and saves some headaches along the way. I have seen this request for auto awards many times and never have had anyone come up with a clear idea of "what" (hours, flights, miles, landing rates, hair color, number of girlfriends, etc..) should trigger the award. It depends on what the VA is trying to achieve, and with that the task becomes trying to capture all the different posibilities to trigger an award, applying the award is the easy part then. You will have to leave some room to allow for the guy that shows up at the end and wants it to apply an award for somethng that had not been brought up already as well.

Ah you've already added a poll and I couldn't add my idea :lol:

Of course anything you think up will be great but then myself I can't see why I would need to create pilots from the admin center (although it does sound like a great way to get a higher rank on vacentral!)

Besides the only idea I came up with was a sort of aircraft module (sort of like the airport one) with the different planes in your fleet. You would click it to show you the last routes that plane has done, with a nice photo of it and then little extras too like a seating plan or something.

Hmmm that actually seems a bit too epic :D (normally if people ask me for an idea it's never simple sorry!).

• 2 months later...

I have two ideas I'd like to create or see created for phpVMS:

A type-rating system.

There are various ways to implement one. Hours- based on how many hours in a smaller aircraft, manual award - based or review of a flight, auto-award - based on completion of a route and approval of the associated PIREP.

Can anyone think of a better way?

A training system

Either through the route system, having a person fly certain routes in order to be eligible for promotion, or separate from the route system, where pilots have to satisfy exams along with hours flown in order to eligible for promotion. I'm not sure if simpilot's examcenter covers this, if it does let me know and I apologize!