Mybb Forums

PIAS2011

1. You reeeally need to be more specific about what you want when you ask questions (refer to other thread you asked today)

2. You'd be better off asking for code for other software on their forums rather than something completely unrelated? :blink:

• Like 1

Tutmeister, he knows enough english to get his point accross, he has shown it before. All that Tom is saying, he just needs to make what he wants clearer, as he asks very general questions, and confuses others, which doesn't help. We can't help him if we don't know what he wants in the first place. We answer the best we can, then he replies that is not what he was after. Then makes it clear, so he knows enough english to clarify it after someone replies. Why he just doesn't do it in the first place no one knows why.

• Like 1

Absolutely sir, I've seen the OP's other posts and chose to ignore them as I had nothing of value to add to them.

Although I don't post much, I do lurk and I've just noticed that the forum is getting a little unfriendly as of late. While I completely understand why (trust me, I do), it isn't in the best interest of phpVMS to be rude and discourteous (which is why I choose to ignore certain posts) and phpVMS is why we're all here after all, so that should sit at the back of our minds when we post as it's in everyone's benefit that phpVMS gets more popular, thus bigger and better. I don't mean to be rude myself, merely displaying an objective opinion.

I haven't found it to be rude as of late. Tom's reply was more helpful then rude if you ask me. The OP needs to learn how to ask for help. People are also getting a bit tired of people asking the same question over and over, quite often the question was asked in a few posts down, and answered. They don't bother to look to see if their question was asked before and answered. And quite often they don't give much detail of the problem, leaving it up to us to guess what it is.

• Like 1

[Thanks for posting that twice, but it's still not of much help unless it's in the thread title...]

But really, you do need to be less vague about what you want. As far as I was concerned you were looking for something that would appear on these forums, hence my brief reply.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Ok, topic seems to have been solved by the original poster so I am going to go ahead and lock it but I see both sides. This is my opinion only and not a rule by any means (and not directed at this topic in particular) but there are ways to go about making a good post for help.

Try to answer these three questions in your post;

What did you try?

What did you get?

What did you expect to get?

My biggest pet peave, which may be just that, a personal issue, but it drives me up the wall when folks are not willing to try and "learn it", "do it", or "fix it" themselves. I am much quicker to answer a post that has answered at least some of the questions above. I tend to stay away from posts that ask for everything to be done for them without at least an attempt from the poster, especially when I find the site on free hosting or subdomains. Why? Countless VA's come and go all the time that are hosted on these types of environments with these types of attitudes from the owner. If you are at least willing to invest some of your own time learning and trying things that goes a long way to me, but if you don't try and have everything on free hosting to boot, well, why should I invest in something that you are not willing to invest in?

[/rant]

• Like 1