Waypoints along airway

Tylor Eddy

G'day Guys,

I've been fiddling with the navdata, going through all my routes, and updating the navdata to display the routes correctly, and working hard to make it all look a lot nicer. I've noticed that the waypoints along the airways are within the navdata, but for some reason they wont show, it will only show the navaids for the start and finish of the airway, is there anything in particular that needs to be changed for this to display correctly.

Also if anyone can explain these fields within the navdata database that would be great.

The airway type show H and L, im presuming High and Low airways, but I've also seen B and am unsure what that is.

And also the type column, what is its role in the database ?

One more thing, why doesn't the route display on the live map ? I just get straight lines from departure to destination.

Cheers

Tylor

LIve map... I believe it depends if the route was entered in acars/they're flying a scheduled route that does have a route with it.

Have you verified those waypoints exist within the navdata?

G'day Nabeel,

A Majority of my pilots are using kacars_free, is it the reason that the route won't show ? All the schedules have a route added to them, and the route displays when you bring the flightplan up in kacars.

Also i have checked and can confirm that all the waypoints along the airway are within the database, and are tied to the correct airway.

Tylor

Guest lorathon

1. Check the acarsdata table to see if the route column is being populated.

2. You may have to play with the acarsmap template. I think I remember modifying it to get it to work correctly.

It will work. If you look http://www.phoenixva.org/index.php/acars I have it working. I just dont remember what I had to do. There should be a loop for the route_details in there somewhere and that is where the navpoint data comes from.

1. Check the acarsdata table to see if the route column is being populated.

2. You may have to play with the acarsmap template. I think I remember modifying it to get it to work correctly.

It will work. If you look http://www.phoenixva.org/index.php/acars I have it working. I just dont remember what I had to do. There should be a loop for the route_details in there somewhere and that is where the navpoint data comes from.

G'day Jeffery,

Just took a look at the database and the route column was being populated correctly.

I took a look at the source code for your acars map, and you have images set for the points, could that be the problem or is just the code displaying what is actually there ?

I have this for my navaids:

<script type="text/html" id="navpoint_bubble">
<span style="font-size: 10px; text-align:left; width: 100%" align="left">
<strong>Name: </strong><%=nav.title%> (<%=nav.name%>)<br />
<strong>Type: </strong>
<?php	/* Show the type of point */ ?>
<% if(nav.type == 2) { %> NDB <% } %>
<% if(nav.type == 3) { %> VOR <% } %>
<% if(nav.type == 4) { %> DME <% } %>
<% if(nav.type == 5) { %> FIX <% } %>
<% if(nav.type == 6) { %> TRACK <% } %>
<br />
<?php	/* Only show frequency if it's not a 0*/ ?>
<% if(nav.freq != 0) { %>
<strong>Frequency: </strong><%=nav.freq%>
<% } %>
</span>
<p>
 </p>
</script>

Guest lorathon

it is not the template. It is the js.

open lib/js/acarsmap.js

Find the following code and comment out the if bracket. so it looks like the code below. It should work then

// if(this.flightdetails.route_details.length > 0) {
$.each(this.flightdetails.route_details, function(i, nav)
{
	var loc = new google.maps.LatLng(nav.lat, nav.lng);
	if(nav.type == 3)
		icon = "icon_vor.png";
	else
		icon = "icon_fix.png";

var navpoint_info = tmpl("navpoint_bubble", {nav: nav});
	routeMarkers[routeMarkers.length] = new google.maps.Marker({
		position: loc,
		map: map,
        		icon: url + "/lib/images/"+icon,
		title: nav.title,
		zIndex: 100,
		infowindow_content: navpoint_info
	});

google.maps.event.addListener(routeMarkers[routeMarkers.length - 1], 'click', function() 
	{
		info_window = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ 
			content: this.infowindow_content,
			position: this.position
			});

info_window.open(map, this);
		});

path[path.length] = loc;
	focus_bounds.extend(loc);
	});
//}

it is not the template. It is the js.

open lib/js/acarsmap.js

Find the following code and comment out the if bracket. so it looks like the code below. It should work then

// if(this.flightdetails.route_details.length > 0) {
$.each(this.flightdetails.route_details, function(i, nav)
{
	var loc = new google.maps.LatLng(nav.lat, nav.lng);
	if(nav.type == 3)
		icon = "icon_vor.png";
	else
		icon = "icon_fix.png";

var navpoint_info = tmpl("navpoint_bubble", {nav: nav});
	routeMarkers[routeMarkers.length] = new google.maps.Marker({
		position: loc,
		map: map,
        		icon: url + "/lib/images/"+icon,
		title: nav.title,
		zIndex: 100,
		infowindow_content: navpoint_info
	});

google.maps.event.addListener(routeMarkers[routeMarkers.length - 1], 'click', function() 
	{
		info_window = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ 
			content: this.infowindow_content,
			position: this.position
			});

info_window.open(map, this);
		});

path[path.length] = loc;
	focus_bounds.extend(loc);
	});
//}

G'day Jeffery,

Just tried your suggestion, but for some reason it still shows a singular line from the departure to the destination.

Tylor

Look here and you can see where my fix was installed into the beta version. Give this a try.

https://github.com/nshahzad/phpVMS/blob/master/core/modules/ACARS/ACARS.php

Thanks Jeffrey

Works great now, thanks for the support

Actually i have 1 more question, how come when i click on the bubble's that come up for the aircraft and waypoints, they stay open when i click another ?

Is there any easy way to close them when i click another point ?

Tylor

• 1 year later...

G'day Jeffrey,

Just took a look at the database, the route column is populated, but the route_details column isn't.

Tylor

Im also not getting a route_details list populated in my database. What was the fix for this? I have checked the ACARS.php and commented out the acars.js . Is there anything else i need to do to get a populated route_details column?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

I was up all last night trying different code to get this to work. I have downloaded and installed FS-products navdata.sql and I have used the code here to try and get it to display but no luck. Any help would be great.

I have just had a look at the schedules DB and neither the route column or the route_details column are being populated any ideas? that is on my test server just looked on live server and route is populated and this is what is shown in route_details column a:0:{}

is anyone else the same?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

G'day,

i myself Just took a look at the database, the route column is populated, but the route_details column isn't.

How can i populate them? I believe this is why i cant see my FIX NDB VOR or nothing on my acars map.

The link Jeff provided did not work for me. I assume that must have been updated.

Tylor if you can tell me how that'll be great!