Microsoft Flight Beta

Will

We’re thrilled to announce that the Microsoft Flight Beta is scheduled to kick-off in January 2012 and we are now accepting applications to participate in the beta program.

We will be sorting through your applications over the coming month and will get back to qualifying participants with additional details throughout our beta phases in January. As we taxi for takeoff, we will continue to provide intriguing updates about the future of Microsoft Flight so please keep checking in on our website or on our Facebook Fan Page.

Fasten your seat belts, return your tray tables to their upright and locked positions, and get ready for Microsoft Flight to takeoff!

The Microsoft Flight Team

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news-beta_program_accepting_applications

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that is so poo!! - I too was watching video's of Microsoft Flight the other night and didn't see one airliner... Like Vanity says, I doubt they are even going to include airliners, it looks as if they are simply going for low altitude VFR only... (hence the attention to landscape detail I suppose) :(

• Administrators

Man, that is so poo!! - I too was watching video's of Microsoft Flight the other night and didn't see one airliner... Like Vanity says, I doubt they are even going to include airliners, it looks as if they are simply going for low altitude VFR only... (hence the attention to landscape detail I suppose) :(

They did the same thing with FSX, they're just showing off the things that can be shown off in screenshots

• 4 weeks later...

This "simulator" is heading in the completely different direction than most of us flight simmers hoped.

They will be releasing this for free sometime this spring. But, you will only be able to fly around 1 island in Hawaii and you only have two aircraft to fly, no World Travel or Orbit airlines (not that I liked them anyway). ALL content will be controlled and developed by Microsoft. This means that there will be no freeware or 3rd party development aloud to be released for Microsoft Flight.

The rest of the world isn't completed by microsoft yet. But when it is, Microsoft will offer regions for purchase.

This isn't a flight simulator. A Flight Simulator lets you fly anywhere you want whenever you want. This is just a stupid arcade game developed by a greedy company called Microsoft. I guess we will have to see what happens.

Kindest Regards,

James

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case your wondering, this is where I got my information:

Flyaway Simulation Article : http://flyawaysimula...rosoft-studios/

Microsoft Flight artical: http://www.microsoft...-takes_to_skies

• Moderators

I think you are running a bid to fast James.

all that you are telling is mostly correct but these things are currently for Beta testing(proud tester laugh.gif)

you are indeed correct that currently its more off a arcade game then a sim but the grapics and stuff are really good but indeed layedout fopr a wide public and not only the hardcore simmer as they will stay with current sims.

i am unsure iff you can make these statements so early as i just recived my coppy of msflight the day before yesterday

ALL content will be controlled and developed by Microsoft. This means that there will be no freeware or 3rd party development allowed* to be released for Microsoft Flight.

Not necessarily true. The articles cited state "The game will feature its own marketplace, with content regulated by Microsoft." - keyword here being regulated. For all we know they may have invited third party developers to contribute content to the store.