The 'Weight' and 'Cruise' fields in the 'Add Aircraft' section.

bobsta63

Hey guys,

Just wondered what should be put in the fields named 'Weight' and 'Cruise' in the 'Add aircraft' part of the admin section.

Should it be the weight of the aircraft unloaded or should it be the MTOW?

I assume that the 'Cruise' field should contain the cruise speed in Mach? eg. '.78'?

If the two fields don't affect the way that the phpVMS software works to calculate fuel costs etc. then I assume it doesn't matter what I put in there :) but clarification would be great.

Look forward to hearing back from someone hopefully soon :)

If you don't know what I mean above, I have attached a screenshot of the fields that I am talking about.

Cheers,

Bobby

post-2735-065781400 1322909755_thumb.jpg

Actually, Mark, If I set the Cruise in there, it will show up in kAcars as the cruise altitude. When kAcars finds my flights after logging in, it places the cruise altitude of the flight.in the box (if you have it set). I get my flight information from Flight Aware, and they will give you the cruise altitude of the flight.

But i just want to know for myself now. Does phpVMS use the Data from this Fields? To me it looks like it's only showing this Infos in the Fleet Page! kACARS loads the FL from the flight, Not from the aircraft. I have It as i said empty weight and max cruise speed. I have had no problems and as it seems everyone has entered different Infos there and nobody seems to have problems. Thats why i think it's really only to display them on the fleets table.?

The only downside I found is the weight. I believe that if it isn't in there as MTOW and you have cargo routes, it might not load your aircraft with the correct amt. of cargo. Other than that, you can leave the Cruise blank if you wish. I don't think it really makes a difference if you use it or not.

ah ok thanx i'll have to take a Look into the MTOW thing as i have entered the empty weight for all aircraft. I'll make 2 test flights one with empty weight and one with MTOW entered and see what happens.

Edit: but doesn't it calculate the load for cargo flights just from the Cargo capacity table?

The amount of cargo is randomly added to each aircraft you have loaded for flight. Next, your price (for the flight) is added per lb/kg (however you have it). Finally, the completed (posted PIREP) is calculated by the amount of cargo times the price. I hope that I read your last post correctly.

i understand. But whats the Basis for the Cargo amount calculation? There must be a Upper Limit so it doens't assign more cargo than the Limit for this Aircraft. I think it must be the maximum amount of cargo you enter when adding the Aircraft. Not the MTOW. Hope i got it right now.?

Ah, you're correct. Sorry, it's been a long day at work (brain fried at the moment). After coming back to reality, I don't think there would be any correct answer to either the Weight, nor the Cruise. You could possibly just leave them both blank. If you have a Fleet page, entering the weight as MTOW, then you could display that for statistics only.