[SOLVED] Can i mod phpvms?

Zeusking19

3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:

a.to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections;

b.to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified.";

c.to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections; and,

d.to Distribute and Publicly Perform Adaptations.

Does that help?

I'm pretty sure I emailed Nabeel about this back in January when I started a non-airline site based on phpVMS/codon - I went along with it for a while (until I started writing from scratch) so I suppose his response would have been positive :P

As long as you dont release it publicly you can, but if you are wanting to release it publicly, then you can't, you would have to create an entirely custom system created solely by you are a group.

Actually according to the license he quoted he can distribute a modified version providing he states it's modified.