Adding Airports Help

twincessna340a

• Moderators

It is the live fuel price look up to vaCentral.

Check your local.config.php file and make sure they have those and the same value set.

That'll stop the issue hopefully.

Config::Set('VACENTRAL_ENABLED', false);
Config::Set('FUEL_GET_LIVE_PRICE', false);
Config::Set('CHECK_RELEASE_VERSION', false);
Config::Set('CHECK_BETA_VERSION', false);

The attachments are disabled and it's still being recovered by Nabeel right now.

• Administrators

When adding airports, phpvms stalls. Is this due to the attack on the server? Also attachments have disappeared from posts on the forums, is this also due to the attack? Should I ask the devs to reupload their files or will the backup take care of it?

Attachments will come back as soon as my backup is completed. There is more information in the Annoucement's thread.

The delay isn't from the fuel lookup - it's from the "airport info" lookup, where it's reaching out to a web service (I can't remember now), to get the coordinates of that ICAO.

• Administrators

If you are looking for files from a module I have released, they have all, or I am working on getting them all, moved over to Github. There is a link in my signature. As I move each set of files to Github I have been removing the file from the forum so any updates I make are available in one place (Github). If you don't have a Github account, signup for one (free) and follow my code, you will be notified when there are changes.

Thinking that it might have had something to do with the recent down time, I thought that I would check to see if I could duplicate your problem. Everything went through with no problems what-so-ever. I'm not sure what would be causing your issue.

the airport icao lookup doesn't work at the moment or at least it is maybe only terrible slow

but I think you can still add an airport (search wikipedia in the info you find coordinates a click on it gives you LAT LON to work with phpVMS) you can use to set manually

I'm using 2.1.934-170 and I found the problem. There are two options for the airport look-up server (per OperationsData.class): 'phpvms' and 'geonames' . Changing from 'phpvms' to 'geonames' in app.config solves the problem as the 'phpvms' setting points to "api.phpvms.net" which obviously must still be down...

• Administrators

I'm using 2.1.934-170 and I found the problem. There are two options for the airport look-up server (per OperationsData.class): 'phpvms' and 'geonames' . Changing from 'phpvms' to 'geonames' in app.config solves the problem as the 'phpvms' setting points to "api.phpvms.net" which obviously must still be down...

That would do it. I forgot about that - I thought the default was still set to geonames.