What's VACentral??

Nabeel

• Administrators

Every phpVMS install can be linked to a central stage - bringing everyone's profits, finances, passengers, loads, all into account, to a central area for ranks and more, to build a virtual airline industry. There are rankings based on flights and financials and pilots, eventually leading to virtual stocks and market worth.

This will hopefully bring about some real, tangible competition, and some consolidation of everything that's out there. Several VAs are testing and whatnot.

The site is:

http://www.vacentral.net

goldenairways, this is not something that is to run your VA it is to just bring in some more realism to the VA world, all it will do from what i gather is give you more advertising, and people can see your pilots fly, it is in no way there to run your VA for you. You will be completely independent.

Cheers

Dan C

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

yes ok than i will wait becouse our main pirep service is still fsfk i cant get the 5 pireps a day on vms 3 would be possible and 20+ members go look here(www.dutch-global-virtual-airlines.nl) on our main site you wil see we have 24 members and on a normal

day we get about 10 pireps.

do you have an idea when this would go public.

gr joeri

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:angry: I'm grumpy, this morning, so I'll apologize in advance.

Over a year in development, but the sign up page allows you to sign up, get a confirmation email and confirm the sign up, but past that you hit an http 500 when you try to register an airline. So my question is, why have a sign up page if you aren't taking on new VAs? There is something inherently annoying about having people jump through hoops by filling out a registration form, only to slam into a brick wall.

:angry: I'm grumpy, this morning, so I'll apologize in advance.

Over a year in development, but the sign up page allows you to sign up, get a confirmation email and confirm the sign up, but past that you hit an http 500 when you try to register an airline. So my question is, why have a sign up page if you aren't taking on new VAs? There is something inherently annoying about having people jump through hoops by filling out a registration form, only to slam into a brick wall.

VA Central has been open in "Beta" for a while now because I signed up in March. The 500 error your receiving must be a bug or something. Nabeel as been working heavily on VA Central the last few weeks. I'm sure he'll chime in here on that error.

• Administrators

The error 500 is a pesky server error, just refresh it and it'll go away. It shows up once in a while, it's a bit annoying, I agree.

I've been working on a newer version for which I'm actually going to roll out this week, depending on my 'real job's' workload. I was working on it today. VA signups should be working, though

• Administrators

You know me. If anyone can break something, it's me. :lol:

I'll give it a try.

Heh, I tweaked some server settings. What happens is that it serves up about 1000 requests before starting the process. Someone hits the jackpot as it's restarting, and boom - 500.

It's been me, about six times. I get the 500 in IE and a blank page in Firefox when I try to register the airline. I will give it another try. I have to take a break from redesigniing my web site. When I actually get something to work, I'm afraid to mess with it for a while, so I'll do this, instead.. At least, the last time I tried, I copied the "paragraph about the VA, so I don't have to type it all over again. :rolleyes:

No joy. I've now tried 3 different browsers, including Google Chrome. It just displays an all white page.

Maybe, I'll watch TV. :)

BTW, the page I'm having the problem with is http://www.vacentral.net/profile/addairline/

I had thought the registration totally failed, because the "change password" button points to a non-existant page. I tried registering with a different email address, but that did the exact same thing.

There's nothing worth watching on TV. :(

I get to the point where I fill out the form, but when I submit I get a 500 on IE or a blank white background on firefox or chrome.

If I'm the only one it is happening to, the possibility is that it is something at this end. The browsers are set to allow cookies from vacentral.net. Are there any 3rd party cookies that may be on my poop list?

Not sure, it wouldn't be cookies. I just added an airline right now, no problem.

Do you have any ad block or firewall?

No ad block and I can see the ad on the home page. I can log in with my email address. If I attempt to re-register it, I'm correctly told the email address is in use.

I can get to these pages, but when I go to save the second one...500.

vac1.jpg

vac2.jpg

• 2 months later...