Joomla -> PHPVMS Bridge?

homer09001

After a quick search I can see that its been looked for by quite a few people but no one seems to have posted a solution, so has anyone succesfully written a bridge that will register a pilot in PHPVMS if they register on the Joomla site? If not I'll have a crack and see what I can come up with.

well it looks easy enough to do, the Joomla user table contains almost everything PHPVMS needs, i had to add a surname field to the registration form but other than that there is no other modification to Core Joomla files, im just trying to work out how i can pass the Joomla Registration user registration data to PHPVMS

I was actually trying Joomla out a few days ago, but I found the admin panel too confusing. lol I couldn't figure out how to do loads of things so I gave up. I have just signed up to a reseller hosting account so I am moving all my va to the reseller account, when my reseller biz is up, I will consider trying joomla out and if the bridge gets completed which I am sure it will be made perfectly, I might give it a go. I now have to switch servers. Wish me and my VA luck. lol I am going off topic now arn't I? lol

• Administrators

I use modx on the phpvms site, found it loads better than joomla/drupal

You'll have to include the core/codon.config.php, then look in the core/modules/registration code, it'll just be one function call

You'll have to include the core/codon.config.php, then look in the core/modules/registration code, it'll just be one function call

my plan is to get Joomla to forward the Registration date on succesfull completion of a user registering to a custom module in PHPVMS which then uses a simple INSERT Query to put it into the database

• Administrators

I read on their site something about flash, is that how you made the flash video tutorials?

I used camtasia for those

my plan is to get Joomla to forward the Registration date on succesfull completion of a user registering to a custom module in PHPVMS which then uses a simple INSERT Query to put it into the database

It might not be a 'simple insert', it probably does other things behind the scenes as well, like phpVMS, it does a few other things

• Administrators

After looking at the joomla code, i think its going to be too difficult write a bridge with my level of php, so what im thinking of doing is writing a simple PHPVMS -> SMF registration bridge.

It exists, search the forum or the add-on forum, it's around

• 1 year later...

Hi Nabeel, when you get a chance, can you please give an example or some more clues on how to deal with that integration. I have a very basic knowledge of php and really don't know where to start from.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your time.

Cheers

Will

• Administrators

There is a thread that has some of the base information for including the codon.config.php file in a stand alone page. It also has some links to other threads with some good information.

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3686-implenting-codonconfigphp-in-a-standalone-php-page/page__p__25097__hl__%22pages%22__fromsearch__1#entry25097