Flight Numbering

wrenchca

I already have a rough idea about this, but I have to ask....how much headache are we talking to remove the code from the flight numbers?  We only run one VA on this software so having the IATA on the front is redundant.  Not only that, but it can be a bit confusing having pilot numbers and flight numbers with the same format.

I took a look around the code and I'm not too sure that I am up to the task. :-  It would have to edited out of the schedule pages, the pireps, the map and I don't even know what else...yet.

Is it possible Nabeel?

Chuck

CYXU

• Administrators

yeah, it's possible. You just have to edit the templates to remove the

$variable->code

Part, where $variable, is, well, variable. How much headache? I guess you can just remove it from schedules_results.tpl, and then the pirep pages. That should be most of it.

So very close...one last item.  Where does FSacars and FSPax get the info from the site?  I find if I down the flight into FSacars, the IATA is automatically added to the flight number.  As such, it also appears on the Live Flight map.

If I can edit out the code from those last two items, we should be good!

Thanks,

Chuck Dickey

Canadian Virtual Airlines

• Administrators

If I were you, I'd leave those (for now), since they are done in the code or by FSACARS, and not in the template. I will have to look into that in detail to see exactly what will need changing.

You can try not adding the pilot code in FSACARS when you load it, just the number, it may just pick it up. Same for the flight number

Really what you want to do is make it look unrealistic, that is my opinion. It is better and more realistic to have say MYVXXX instead of just XXX as XXX could be any airline, and if the pilots are anyway competent they will know which is a flight and which is the pilot. I suggest not removing the IATA from the schedules. That is just my 2cents.

Cheers

Dan C