InnoDB issue

Alexair

Allright, I just called them and effectively it is not possible to have InnoDB. Except if I am going for a dedicated server which will cost 4.5 times more than what I have now.

Is there any other possibility to have phpVMS working without InnoDB or is there any other similar program (payware or freeware) that will work without InnoDB ??

Thanks for your help.

Alex

• Administrators

Well I paid for the full year now so I guess I'm stuck...

I realized something, it appear than the host is using MyISAM instead of InnoDB. Is there a way to make phpVMS working with this one?

Thanks,

Alex

Some tables use MyISAM, some use InnoDB. I guess you could convert the InnoDB ones by hand to myisam (in install.sql and then run the installer), but you would lose foreign keys. I've coded phpvms torely on those keys, and while you mi ght be ok in most cases, it could break in others. I can't support it in that case. So you're free to  modify it yourself (the install.sql file)

Hello mark1million,

Yes, you right, I never thought about that until yesterday evening...

Hello nightfox,

I have received a private E-mail yesterday evening from someone proposing me to host my db. Look like he is going to do it. I'll see how it will work. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you posted with the result.

Thanks to all of you for your help, it is very much appreciated  ;)

Alex