whats going on with vacentral?

mischka

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure I'm the only one, but I've had intermittent issues with vacentral in the past few weeks, and its sometimes affecting my site, so I'm not a happy chappy!

On my homepage I have the vacentral rank and score displayed, but it often happens that the vacentral site can't be reached and I get a barrage of errors on the homepage.

Also, sometimes filing pireps is very slow. I don't know for certain if this is due to the site sending the pirep to vacentral or due to some other issue? But often the slow loading of homepage and the pirep issue go together!

So far, this could all be down to my provider ie the server on which my site is hosted not being fast enough. HOWEVER...

the vacentral ranking of my VA has been up and down recently between our regular score (in the low 70's, high 60's) and the bottom end of the vacentral rank. Surely this is some issue with vacentral?

if anyone can shed a light on this, i'd be gratefull. Otherwise I'll just chuck vacentral alltogether...

The slow filing of pireps is to do with your server not vacentral. Vacentral only looks at your db filing a pirep doesn't go through vacentral. The slow loading is also your server and not vacentral. About the score going up and down, is usually normal.

I dont think you are right there. We also had that problem with Slow Filing Pireps and that was only the case when after filing the PIREPs there was the link in the admin Center to manually send them to VA central cause automatic export failed. As soon as i had turned off VA Central on my VA everything is back to normal.

I'm pretty certain its because of bad servers at VA Central. Not the VA's.

• Administrators

As far as connecting to VACentral I would lean more toward the VACentral site then your own hosting, not that your hosting might not be the culprit but for this specfic issue try the changes I have posted here -> http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/20691-admin-and-acars-timeout-errors/

These should help with the speed and connection issues, as far as ranking that is a function within VACentral which I have no control over.