Error Sending Log

flyalaska

Our VA is have some major problems with sending the logs with FSACARS. Not everyone is getting an error, but alot of people are. They get the error on the final step when they send the log.

"error sending log" data base error.

While some have no problems sending the logs, others can not. They have deleted ACARS and reinstalled numerous of times. Many of them have stopped flying with me. It happens with FS9 and FSX and with XP,Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Yeah, that's an error which happens locally on their machine. It's a bug within FSACARS, and since it out of development, can't really be fixed. The only real solution is to completely delete FSACARS (all the files and folders), and re-install from scratch. If you search around, it's come up a few times with some solutions which worked for people

Yeah, that's an error which happens locally on their machine. It's a bug within FSACARS, and since it out of development, can't really be fixed. The only real solution is to completely delete FSACARS (all the files and folders), and re-install from scratch. If you search around, it's come up a few times with some solutions which worked for people

They have deleted ACARS many times. I will look around for the other post. Thank you.

FSACARS sucks, to say the least. It always breaks. What version are you on?

I googled the error. Looks like every VA had this problem. I have found a possible fix. I will find out hopefully tomorrow.

They said to replace

Log=http://www.flyaka.com/action.php/ACARS/fsacars/pirep

with

SiteLog=http://www.flyaka.com/action.php/ACARS/fsacars/pirep

adding the word "Site" seemed to fix their problems. I have sent this info to people that get the error. Hopefully this will do the trick. I will let you know.

phpVMS Version - 854

• Moderators

XACARS does not record data. Just used for sending pireps.

negative it records only the flightdata localy, and indeed not the landingstatus,but it will record flight time,flight alt,speed,.....

its mainly a tracking device and not a complete logging system but with all the problems we had using fsacars we switshed to xacars.

• Administrators

I googled the error. Looks like every VA had this problem. I have found a possible fix. I will find out hopefully tomorrow.

They said to replace

Log=http://www.flyaka.com/action.php/ACARS/fsacars/pirep

with

SiteLog=http://www.flyaka.com/action.php/ACARS/fsacars/pirep

adding the word "Site" seemed to fix their problems. I have sent this info to people that get the error. Hopefully this will do the trick. I will let you know.

phpVMS Version - 854

Let me know if that fixes it, I will change it for the next release. FSACARS docs showed to use "Log". Strange

• Moderators

Nabeel, just a quick one but i have just been reading about xacars and the following is possible,

QA OUT Message (engines are on and parking brakes are off)

QB OFF Message (aicraft leaves the ground - takeoff)

QC ON Message (aircraft reaches the ground again - landing)

QD IN Message (aircraft has parking brake set and engines off)

PR Position Report

AR Altitude Report

In addition to those messages every flightmessage can containt one or more of this data:

POS Current position (format example: N11 24.9084 W69 40.7886)

HDG Current heading (number)

ALT Current altitude (number)

IAS Current IAS (number)

TAS Current TAT (number)

OAT Current OAT (number)

TAT Current TAT (number)

FOB Fuel on board in lbs (number)

WND Current wind (number, format example: 35010 = 350°, 10 kts)

HDT Current track (number)

TOW Take Off Weight in lbs (number)

Can any of these be defined in phpvms?

• Administrators

Nabeel, just a quick one but i have just been reading about xacars and the following is possible,

QA OUT Message (engines are on and parking brakes are off)

QB OFF Message (aicraft leaves the ground - takeoff)

QC ON Message (aircraft reaches the ground again - landing)

QD IN Message (aircraft has parking brake set and engines off)

PR Position Report

AR Altitude Report

In addition to those messages every flightmessage can containt one or more of this data:

POS Current position (format example: N11 24.9084 W69 40.7886)

HDG Current heading (number)

ALT Current altitude (number)

IAS Current IAS (number)

TAS Current TAT (number)

OAT Current OAT (number)

TAT Current TAT (number)

FOB Fuel on board in lbs (number)

WND Current wind (number, format example: 35010 = 350°, 10 kts)

HDT Current track (number)

TOW Take Off Weight in lbs (number)

Can any of these be defined in phpvms?

Yeah, I parse those right now for the heading/position information. Which is completely annoying - it's in the ACARS format, which FSACARS/Xacars both use, I think FSPax does too, but IMO it's totally stupid to have that format to be parsed by a script. I mean, I understand they want to "emulate" what's used in real-world, but those are sent straight to printers, and are looked at by people for the information. It's a complete pain to parse and if something changes the entire format needs to be changed. /End rant

But, I'm not sure what you mean by defined, do you mean added into the log? Those are only sent with status messages, so there's no "log" that's kept (which is another weird thing, he goes through that effort to put it into the status message, there's no PIREP at that point), but then completely omits that log on PIREP time

• Administrators

The [sIteLog... didn't work. The pirep said it sent, but it nver went to phpvms. What I did was that I ziped up my Fsacars directory and sent it to one pilot who had a problem. He changed the ini to his ID. Did a test flight and the pirep sent with no problems.

That's strange... yeah, it's something client side...

Are they running the latest version of FSACARS? There's an additional supplement on the FSACARS site to also download.

With the Sitelog - can you enable DEBUG_LOG, and do a flight, and then send the core/logs/fsacars.txt file? I wonder how it reports that.

That's strange... yeah, it's something client side...

Are they running the latest version of FSACARS? There's an additional supplement on the FSACARS site to also download.

With the Sitelog - can you enable DEBUG_LOG, and do a flight, and then send the core/logs/fsacars.txt file? I wonder how it reports that.

We have the FSACARS update to 4.0.15. I will send you that info tomorow.

• 3 months later...

Myself and my VA testers have the following error.

After completing the flight FSacars wont send the log.post-163-089911300 1277464316_thumb.jpg

Going back to the log page, we get post-163-054798400 1277464325_thumb.jpg and everything is empty post-163-009645200 1277464331_thumb.jpg

Pressing "send log" again post-163-003674900 1277464345_thumb.jpg, the log is being sent post-163-011433800 1277464353_thumb.jpg and is being submitted for validation.

Anyone knows the cause and has solutions?

The log.txt gives me:

=====
Time: 06.24.10 20:15:59
=====
Time: 06.24.10 20:15:59
Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::query > PilotData::updateProfile > Auth::ProcessLogin > Login->ProcessLogin > Login->login > Login->index > call_user_func_array > MainController::RunAllActions
Query: UPDATE phpvms_pilots SET `lastlogin`=NOW(), `lastip`='109.96.139.153' WHERE `pilotid`=
Error: (1064) - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
=====

=====

=====
Time: 06.25.10 11:43:43
=====
Time: 06.25.10 11:43:43
Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::query > PilotData::updateProfile > Auth::ProcessLogin > Login->ProcessLogin > Login->login > Login->index > call_user_func_array > MainController::RunAllActions
Query: UPDATE phpvms_pilots SET `lastlogin`=NOW(), `lastip`='81.173.131.52' WHERE `pilotid`=
Error: (1064) - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
=====

=====

=====
Time: 06.25.10 14:01:32
=====
Time: 06.25.10 14:01:32
Query: UPDATE phpvms_pilots SET `lastlogin`=NOW(), `lastip`='109.96.136.150' WHERE `pilotid`=
=====

=====

Hi Naabel, i am a member of Aer Lingus Virtual and am using fs passengers, the problem is when i go to export my flight i keep getting error pilot id invalid, i copied and pasted my va,s config file. My flight will send to fspassengers but not to my va, would you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Erick

Hi Naabel, i am a member of Aer Lingus Virtual and am using fs passengers, the problem is when i go to export my flight i keep getting error pilot id invalid, i copied and pasted my va,s config file. My flight will send to fspassengers but not to my va, would you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Erick

I'll give you a simple help is the pax has a number of flight bandstand you have to by a flight number that exists in your database exp. route number BZS8556

sleeps in a number of the flight that you have in your flight reservations as BZS8556 ID is the number of flight do not hesitate if the error ok

I'll give you a simple help is the pax has a number of flight bandstand you have to by a flight number that exists in your database exp. route number BZS8556

sleeps in a number of the flight that you have in your flight reservations as BZS8556 ID is the number of flight do not hesitate if the error ok

It sounds like you aren't setting the correct ID in FSPax. You need to make sure your flight ID is the same as your flight number, or it won't export to your VA.