Skin Release

RogerB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Its like your taking free layouts and polluting the forums with you making the modifications of making them compatible with phpvms. Why dont you make something unique and custom?

Well it's good for examples and showing how they work

Jacob I won't type what I was really thinking of your post.  I don't have the time to make skins from scratch, I am being NICE and providing a service to PHPVMS.  I thought people would appreciate me making a few skins that they could customize on their own with the base work being done for them, might help give them a better understanding of how to skin by viewing the work I did.  This particular thread was supposed to be moved to the release forum.  Don't like it, don't visit the Skin forum then.  DB

Im not stooping to immaturity as you imply, but bringing in a new crop of low level airlines with no knowledge of working aorund the system or code in the first place is only contributing to throwing this thing around the internet. SImply put mate, I love your skins....but they all seem to have the same theme and never really seem to be unique or an eye catcher, Instead of releaseing a whole slew of them quite often why dont you work on the design a tad bit and maybe add some unique functions that can only be found in that skin. A pilot control bar, weather feeds, intergration with wordpress,phbb,smf etc, make it so people want to download it becasue its different and not just a CSS layout cut up for the system.

No offense intended...It was only meant to help,

Jacob, if you think you can do better, you make a skin and release it, and we will judge it. You have to think of other people and do they have the time to create a skin from scratch. They might have just enough time to run a VA, but not do a skin from scratch, and it can take a good while to create a skin, as it needs trial and error. I love the skin Roger.

Cheers

Dan C

Jacob if a VA is doomed to fail they will, Skins have nothing to do with it......If you wanted to help feel free to do it in a PM....Feel free to have a look at my VA in progress, I clearly don't need your help, but thanks for offering.......mate......

I did not say they were doomed to fail. I'm saying that its only contributing to the random VA's popping up pulling these regular skins off the web and launching, then closing a week later. The web is polluted with them and many find it contributing to FlighSim being looked at as more of a game than a simulation. I did not say your skins are horrible..I actually like the design..I just think they are dry and don't have much going on to make them unique. Your VA's skin is just the opposite...In fact I actually love it alot. Kesuk is doing great and I have been monitoring its progress for the last few months, so contrary to many of the posters belief I am not ragging on you, merely giving you room for improvement, which in my mind isn't always taken kindly but is usually taken to account on the next go around. So I apologize if the 'tone' of my post was abit unnecessary, but please know I meant no harm to your emotions or to your skill set.

And please,

Jake will do : ;)

Jacob is the print on my birth certificate  :P

• Moderators

You said I was polluting the forums, why would I take that wrong?  ::)  ::)

You have to be from the UK......That would explain a lot........ 8)

lol Roger im from the UK but im a but more mature......

I have always loved your work and the skin demo you did.

Were not all the same over here :)

I have released a skin for phpvms on my site, www.fspaintshop.com. Its called Aqua. Feel free to check it out!! I have two more for release that need finishing.

You can view this skin at www.pirateairvirtual.com

I think that is great! It shows how a few changes can make a difference. Especially for those of us who have not done much if anything with a stylesheet before. I appreciate it. But then I'm over 18 and have a job... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

personally i think all the skins are great my only gripe would be instead of keep releasing new ones could we have a bit of support with the ones there already ive never worked with code and find it very daunting looking at it let alone trying to alter a skin so a big thumbs up to those that do understand it you are talented people and should be praised not disputed.

• 3 weeks later...

the kesuk_new template which is activated at the moment on www.pirateairvirtual.com looks great so far :)

is it difficult to adopt artisteer created templates?

I am very interested to get the template of www.pirateairvirtual.com not for my personal use but only to check possibility creating my own template with artisteer

Best Regards

Thomas