FlightBookingSystem

Parkho

• Moderators

Dear All

I'm to proudly announce that I have completed a new form of flight booking system for the great PHPvms software. I actually combined 3 Add-ons (simpilot realschedulelite, frontschedule and lorathon random itinerary builder) to create this new method of flight booking. Attached, you can find the file.

Thanks

Parkho

Install:

1. Create SQL table using the one provided in the folder(realschedulelite.sql)

2. Upload the files in the order of the folders into the PHPvms software. .tpl files should go to your skin folder if you don't one the default .tpl changed.

3. Access it by <?php echo url('/FrontSchedules") ;?>

4. Enjoy.

Pix:

FBS1.PNG

FBS2.PNG

FBS3.PNG

Download at Github: Github.com/parkho

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hey

I'm still confused, what were in those pictures?

It does look like a pilot airport transfer?

Hi

Here is what it does:

1. When you go the addbid page it shows you your current location.

2. Next you chose your airline and your A/C type.

3. Then you hit the "Get a flight button" and it shows you the routes from your current location.

4. Now you want to transfer to another airport and basically see the routes from that location.

5. Hit the "Transfer to another airport" button and it takes you to another page that you can chose where to transfer yourself.

6. after this your current location changes and now you can see the routes from your new location.

7. Also, whenever you send in a pirep your location changes accordingly and next time you want to book a flight it only shows you the routes from the new location.

One good thing about it is that you can have 10 A/C types and 1000 schedules which is already built-in but the difference is that every time you search for a flight it shows you the whole thing but in this new way of search you get to see only routes from your last pirep location.

Thanks

Sounds like you got a good thing going on for sure.

Does it charge the pilot Pilot Pay to transfer? And slimming down the schedules to only the airport he or she is at will help out on server load times I am sure as the realschedule, which is a great addon, shows all airports no matter what.

• Moderators

Sounds like you got a good thing going on for sure.

Does it charge the pilot Pilot Pay to transfer? And slimming down the schedules to only the airport he or she is at will help out on server load times I am sure as the realschedule, which is a great addon, shows all airports no matter what.

Hi TAV1702

There is no cost to Pilot Transfer in this system cause I found that my pilots are complaining about paying for transfer every time. Also, Yes it actually sorts the schedules by A/C type which the pilot have to choose the A/C before they can Book Flight.

• Moderators

Ahh right on that's cool. I think the original thought behind the transfer charge in Simpilot's module was to give the pilots something to spend their virtual pay on.

I'll have to check your module out on a test install I have. It sounds promising so far.

Hi TAV

If you're interested I can tell you what you need for this.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I installed this and I'm having an issue. It doesn't seem to find any routes, and when I transfer locations, my location turns into nothing. Any easy fix?

Thanks!

Hi Sinoco

Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the fix in the new attached, folder. What you need to do is in the common folder that you need to only transfer the files inside those 2 folders and no need to create any folders in you core/common.

Thanks

Thank you very much. That fixed the problem with the schedule search. However, I'm still having a problem with the transfers. For example, if I try to transfer anywhere, it says "You were transfered to: ()" and then '()' becomes my current location, in MySQL it just shows as ''. Thanks for your work, it's some great work, just can't figure out that issue. Let me know if you can help.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: When I do a search with the issue above, it shows all flights.

• Moderators

Thank you very much. That fixed the problem with the schedule search. However, I'm still having a problem with the transfers. For example, if I try to transfer anywhere, it says "You were transfered to: ()" and then '()' becomes my current location, in MySQL it just shows as ''. Thanks for your work, it's some great work, just can't figure out that issue. Let me know if you can help.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: When I do a search with the issue above, it shows all flights.

Hi Sinoco

I strongly believe that the table in your database has not been properly created. Try recreating the table and that should fix it all at once. Let me know of the results.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for this excellent module! However, if there is a way for it to detect if you've already bid on a flight and lock you from biding another flight, that would be great! Otherwise, pilots can continue to bid flights out of their current location, meaning they would fly outbound flights form their current location without having to jumpseat back.

• Moderators

Hello,

Thank you for this excellent module! However, if there is a way for it to detect if you've already bid on a flight and lock you from biding another flight, that would be great! Otherwise, pilots can continue to bid flights out of their current location, meaning they would fly outbound flights form their current location without having to jumpseat back.

Hello

I believe there is an option in local_config.php where you can enable anti bids on bid. This way if a pilot bids on a flight that FL# will be hidden next time another pilot or the same person searches for a flight.

Thanks

Hello

I believe there is an option in local_config.php where you can enable anti bids on bid. This way if a pilot bids on a flight that FL# will be hidden next time another pilot or the same person searches for a flight.

Thanks

Yes, that is true, but I am talking about the number of bids that pilot has. For example, right now I can bid a departure out of KSFO, then, while not having flown that flight yet, bid another departure our of KSFO, and another, and so on. My itinerary could look like: KSFO-KDEN, KSFO-KSEA, KSFO-KLAS....ect. This itinerary partially defeats the jumpseat system as a pilot could continue to fly flights out of one airport without flying the return flights. I would like, if possible, for this system to lock the pilot from bidding on another flight after they already have 1 bid.

Thanks! --Cory

• Moderators

Yes, that is true, but I am talking about the number of bids that pilot has. For example, right now I can bid a departure out of KSFO, then, while not having flown that flight yet, bid another departure our of KSFO, and another, and so on. My itinerary could look like: KSFO-KDEN, KSFO-KSEA, KSFO-KLAS....ect. This itinerary partially defeats the jumpseat system as a pilot could continue to fly flights out of one airport without flying the return flights. I would like, if possible, for this system to lock the pilot from bidding on another flight after they already have 1 bid.

Thanks! --Cory

Hi Cory

As we have this conversation, my pilots are not able to bid on a flight more than once since there is also another option in Local_config.php that has a message " Bids Exist" so if one of my pilots bids on a flight he/she has to fly that bid and send a PIREP or he/she has to go remove the existing bid before they can bid on another flight. I'm not sure if this is what you want, I will check the option and let you know.

Thanks

Parkho

Hi Cory

As we have this conversation, my pilots are not able to bid on a flight more than once since there is also another option in Local_config.php that has a message " Bids Exist" so if one of my pilots bids on a flight he/she has to fly that bid and send a PIREP or he/she has to go remove the existing bid before they can bid on another flight. I'm not sure if this is what you want, I will check the option and let you know.

Thanks

Parkho

Wow, can't believe I missed that! Works just great for me! Thanks!

• Moderators

First I would like to thank you all for downloading the new system.Secondly, there has been a problem with the first download that caused the module not to work properly which was noted and updated accordingly.

Thanks

Parkho

First I would like to thank you all for downloading the new system.Secondly, there has been a problem with the first download that caused the module not to work properly which was noted and updated accordingly.

Thanks

Parkho

Just wanted to say great add on and also wanted to mention Parkho thank you for all your help in repairing my site. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If there a way to remove the choice to select airline because it's pointless if you only have 1 airline and does it only let you see flights for Aircraft you are ranked to fly, No it doesn't so how do i get it to do that because it defeats the object of this if it lets you fly planes that you arn't type rated to fly

Hi Stealth

Thanks for the message. First, yes there is a way to remove the airline option but it needs some more coding. Besides, a lot of VAs are having more than one airline which this option is useful to them. Secondly, there is an option in Local_config.php which you can activate to avoid that issue since this add on has nothing to do with the Aircraft ranking but I'll look into it to see if it relates to that issue.

Thanks

Parkho

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Parkho,

I trying to implement your addon but I facing to following issue:

In the pilot center I click on view flight schedules / Back to flight booking and I get the error message

" Notice: The template file "/vpa//core/templates/airport_search.tpl" doesn't exist in /vpa/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248 "

I can see the cause: "/vpa//core/ but I am not sure where to fix it. I searched the sources for this but I did not find the place in the code where to modify it.

There is also no such file "airport_search.tpl" in templates directory and it is not included in the zip package as well.

Could you advice me please?

Best wishes

Peter

• Moderators

Hello Parkho,

I trying to implement your addon but I facing to following issue:

In the pilot center I click on view flight schedules / Back to flight booking and I get the error message

" Notice: The template file "/vpa//core/templates/airport_search.tpl" doesn't exist in /vpa/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248 "

I can see the cause: "/vpa//core/ but I am not sure where to fix it. I searched the sources for this but I did not find the place in the code where to modify it.

There is also no such file "airport_search.tpl" in templates directory and it is not included in the zip package as well.

Could you advice me please?

Best wishes

Peter

Hello Peter

I believe the file airport_search.tpl is located in core/template in ZIP folder. Also, please make sure you followed the steps correctly as it's working just fine right now.

Thanks

Parkho

Thankis

Parkho,

Thanks, putting a shame to myself. Yes you are right, the file is there and all works fine now.

Sorry for my mistake.

Peter

Hello Peter

I believe the file airport_search.tpl is located in core/template in ZIP folder. Also, please make sure you followed the steps correctly as it's working just fine right now.

Thanks

Parkho

Thankis

• Moderators

Parkho,

Thanks, putting a shame to myself. Yes you are right, the file is there and all works fine now.

Sorry for my mistake.

Peter

No problem Sir

Glad it works fine for you. You can always contact me via MSN. Just search for pkhorraminejad@gmail.com.

Thanks

Parkho

• Moderators

Hi there -

I was wondering if you can install this over RealScheduleLite without any issues? My VA is using RSL and I would like some of the increased functionality that your addon provides, but without having to go back and rip out the RSL files.

Hi Steve

What exactly you want RSL to do for you? Because RSL is doing pretty much what flightbookingsystem does except for the A/C tarnsfer and ticket purchasing for the pilots. Also, in flight booking system you can assign unlimited routes to a single aircraft registration and still be able to see all of them at once while RSL only shows One route per Arcraft.

Thanks

Hi Steve

What exactly you want RSL to do for you? Because RSL is doing pretty much what flightbookingsystem does except for the A/C tarnsfer and ticket purchasing for the pilots. Also, in flight booking system you can assign unlimited routes to a single aircraft registration and still be able to see all of them at once while RSL only shows One route per Arcraft.

Thanks

Those are the things that I want - the unlimited routes (loops) to aircraft, which I'm assuming would allow a KLOU-KLEX-KCVG-KLOU-KPAH-KLOU daily loop, which I can't do with RSL. And being able to transfer the AC is nice as well.

• Moderators

Those are the things that I want - the unlimited routes (loops) to aircraft, which I'm assuming would allow a KLOU-KLEX-KCVG-KLOU-KPAH-KLOU daily loop, which I can't do with RSL. And being able to transfer the AC is nice as well.

Hi Steve

If you want to transfer the A/C and be able to multiple routes per A/C registration, then I would have to say that's a whole new set of coding which you need to ask a professional to do it for you since I'm only good at mixing things up and creating something new. As far as I know flight booking system can not be mixed with RSL since the coding of RSL is pretty complicated for an amateur. :P:D

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

okay im having somewat same problem as SINOCO...and i think i know why this is happening...atleast with me...i had RealSchedulesLite but upon wanting to switch to FlightBookingSystem i deleted the table i had from realschedules and tried to run the SQL file given with FlightBooking in which it gave me an error...i added the table manually and it finally works but as my CURRENT LOCATION it says () is there a way i can fix this?