[SOLVED} Powweb

Steve Bartlett

Yes, I was able to transfer all the files from my computer to the server, just can't figure out how to publish the website to make it available to the public. I keep getting "This site is under development" when I try to get to the website itself through my browser.

It sounds like you have not uploaded to the correct path.

you should have a folder called home,www or html or something along those lines.

So just check you have uploaded it to the correct directory.

Scott

just run the checkinstall if you are still getting the message you were getting. run the install.php first. Once you run the install.php, it will show everything that was installed. If everything installed OK (no red boxes (they should be all green)) then it should ask you for your airline name (this is going to be the name of your Virtual Airline). then it will bring you to your index page.

Ok still getting "This site under development" Here is what I get from the check install.

phpVMS Virtual Airline Administration Software

Install Check

phpVMS Build Number: 934

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.17.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 183 files, found 0 errors

• Moderators

There is a .htaccess file provided within phpvms.

I fail to see what that will do to be honest.

As a simple test create index.html, place this is the root folder of your site and try to hit it, also make sure phpvms is in the root directory not in a folder in the root directory.

Final thing to check is create a phpinfo file and upload that to see if its parsed by the server.

There is a .htaccess file provided within phpvms.

I fail to see what that will do to be honest.

As a simple test create index.html, place this is the root folder of your site and try to hit it, also make sure phpvms is in the root directory not in a folder in the root directory.

Final thing to check is create a phpinfo file and upload that to see if its parsed by the server.

Sorry, I am new to all of this so, you just went way over my head, LOL

Also, powweb did whatever they did, and now when I go to the website all I get is "Hi Steve" Nothing else, that is the only thing on the page

Here is what I have:

-root

-htdocs (with globe beside it)

+admin

+cgi-bin

+core

+home

+install

+lib

+phpvms (empty)

action.php (with globe beside it)

changelog.htm (with globe beside it)

Home2.html (with globe beside it)

index.php (with globe beside it)

license.txt

README.txt

+Stats

I tried moving all of the phpvms file into root, but it won't let me do it.

It sounds like you have not uploaded to the correct path.

you should have a folder called home,www or html or something along those lines.

So just check you have uploaded it to the correct directory.

Scott

Gents, I had this issue about a year ago.......my problem was (I use Powweb & iPage) After uploading Via Microsoft Expression FTP I was getting the same message. I had the the default index.html. The problem was my domain wasn't pointing to my phpvms index.php. It was pointing to the index.html. I contacted Powweb. For whatever reason they couldn't get the domain to point to the correct files in phpvms. I finally just made a lead in to the site using the index.html changed it to .htm. I never did get a resolve for this but we use the lead in to house a video.