PopUpNewsModule

simpilot

• Administrators

Thought some of you may want to use the news module I made so just the titles are displayed and are clickable to go to the full news item.

It creates a list wherever you place it -

Capture7.jpg

and shows the full news item when you click on the title -

Capture8.jpg

PopUpNews

Module to create a quick view news list on your front page of a phpVMS site.

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

----------------------------------------------

A visible link to http://www.simpilotgroup.com must be provided on any site utilizing this script for the license to be valid.

----------------------------------------------

Developed by:

simpilot - David Clark

www.simpilotgroup.com

www.david-clark.net

Developed on:

phpVMS v2.1.934-158

php 5.3.4

mysql 5.0.7

apache 2.2.17

Install Using Simpilotgroup Plugin Manager

-Download the package

-Upload the package to your site using the plugin manager

-Use the auto-install from the plugin manager

Install Manually:

-Download the package.

-Unzip the package and place the files as structured in your root phpVMS install.

Where you want to call the PopUpNews List in your site use ->

<?php PopUpNews::PopUpNewsList(5); ?>

The number "5" can be changed to however many news posts you want to show in your list..

Code hosted on Github - Link In Signature.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I followed the instructions and got this error

Fatal error: Class 'php PopUpNews' not found in /www/zzl.org/s/u/n/sunsetva/htdocs/lib/skins/SSVA/header.tpl on line 94

Double check that you have popupnewsData.class.php in the core/common folder

and

the popupnews.php file in the core/modules/popupnews folder

it looks like from your error one is missing or misplaced and the system can not find it.

• Administrators

I would try re-uploading all the files again and see if one got corrupted along the way. The only reason that error would show up is if the PopUpNewsData.class.php is not in the core/common folder, has gotten renamed, or is corrupted in some way or the PopUpNews.php file in not in the core/modules/PopUpNews folder, or is in some way corrupted as well.

Make sure the PopUpNews folder has the same exact name as the file in it as well, it is case sensitive.

Is it cool if we remove the copyright from the block as long as we give kudos for the work and a link back to you somewhere on site? Like in the footer for example?

I am not a copyright remover and I never lay claim to anything that is not mine. I am strictly thinking asthetics here.

I was actually pondering creating a page on my site that was nothing but links back to those authors work i have used on my site. Like a mods database for a phpBB forum.

Just asking before I did it.

• Administrators

Is it cool if we remove the copyright from the block as long as we give kudos for the work and a link back to you somewhere on site? Like in the footer for example?

I am not a copyright remover and I never lay claim to anything that is not mine. I am strictly thinking asthetics here.

I was actually pondering creating a page on my site that was nothing but links back to those authors work i have used on my site. Like a mods database for a phpBB forum.

Just asking before I did it.

Thats Cool  8)

A link to my site would be great if you can find a place for it but not required.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i recently installed, the PopUpNews modules i like the features. Now on my mainpage it still shows the news but id like to reduce the mainpage news showing to just one news, and direct people too look at earlier news via the news module.

So how do i reduce the number of news slots on my mainpage?

http://jlvirtual.x10hosting.com//index.php 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi,

I have removed all the simpilot modules for the moment. I will be reposting them with an included license to protect them from being sold by other individuals. Hopefully they should be back up over the weekend. B)

• Moderators

Hey, I can't see the attached files. Can you help me?

gianluca311

Hey, simpilot has removed these downloads due to other people turning his freeware add-ons into payware, so simpilot will bring them back up on the weekend when he gets his lisciene for his free add-ons. so no one woundln't steal his work.

• Administrators

Not directly. What I do not want to see is someone selling a service to install phpvms for $1.00 but the cost being $2.00 if you install one of the modules I have written (some with help of others). There is to be no profit made from the use of the modules in any way. My intentions were to share with the community that has shared with me when I wrote these. If your cost to do an install is $xx.xx then it needs to be $xx.xx if you are including modules written by me.

end soapbox speech :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Files attached in first post of thread. B)

I'm having issues with this module ever since I upgraded to rev920. If you click on a news post on the front page it only shows a blank white screen. On the admin side you can edit the news and you can see it just fine but you can not delete it. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Keith

• Administrators

Keith,

I updated the code in,

PopUpNews.php

PopUpNewsData.Class.php

The template files are not changed so if you already have them skined you should be good to go. I have it working on ver 921 on my development server. I am not getting the blank page or the /user_array/ errors. cool.gif

If you are updating be careful to not overwrite your .tpl files if you have skinned to your site, they have not changed but are included for new installs.

Get The Code

• Like 1