Inactive...Active?

davehardy

I have this in my local config

# After how long to mark a pilot inactive, in days

Config::Set('PILOT_AUTO_RETIRE', true);

Config::Set('PILOT_INACTIVE_TIME', 30);

But when i check the pilots list out it doesn't add up!

One pilot who last flew in 2009 is active and another who flew 7days ago is inactive, so something needs resetting?

Cheers, Dave.

• Moderators

One pilot who last flew in 2009 is active and another who flew 7days ago is inactive, so something needs resetting?

Cheers, Dave.

what version are you on

i may be incorrect but i thout there where some issius with this on the release version.

gr joeri

i am on the latest beta and all works fine

• Administrators

Cheers, Dave.

It checks last login time and the last pirep. if its 30 days from the last pirep, it till check the pirep. if there's no pirep, it will check the login date. IIRC, that's how it goes

Uncomment lines 267 thru 271 in your Auth.class.php file and it will disable logins for retired pilots.

Only problem with that is that when they want to re fly they wont be allowed login, thus they will not return as they will have to email the CEO or other staff member and get them to change their status, and it is not a quick way, so they will leave the VA and move on.

Cheers

Dan C

• Administrators

Only problem with that is that when they want to re fly they wont be allowed login, thus they will not return as they will have to email the CEO or other staff member and get them to change their status, and it is not a quick way, so they will leave the VA and move on.

Cheers

Dan C

Unless they use ACARS, then they can still file that way, and then be marked unretired automatically

Unless they use ACARS, then they can still file that way, and then be marked unretired automatically

That is an option, but what if they can only gain access to the forums if logged in or something like that? Sometimes in life, people just can't fly and need to take a break or something might have gone REALLY wrong and they just want to login once in a while to say hello and keep track of what is going on.

I really like the auto retire thing beings how I brought it up way back when and presto it was added, but to lock them out of site all together, well that definitely wasn't part of the equation when I cooked up that idea. My idea was if they did not file a pirep in an amount of time they go inactive (retired), and in the future when life permits, they could log back in, book a flight, and off they go.

Now sure they can file a pirep using ACARS or FSFK or something, but how can they book a flight or get the correct flight info if they can't login to the website? That may be a small issue beings how acars needs correct aircraft reg and all that to send a pirep or it errors out.

DanC has a very good point. Now days so many VA's are out there so why jump through hoops when all you have to do is type in a search in browser and off they go to another VA.

Just a couple quick thoughts. I'll jump back on the side now and take a shut up break for a while. B)

• Administrators

I guess I dont get it. Isn't the point of inactivating a pilot that has not flown is the simple fact that they are not participating? I think if they want to get back into the va they should have to work a little, ie - emailing the ceo or hr director with a reason why they want to come back. If you dont want any requirement to come back or to be a member, why inactivate them in the first place? Just my 2cents.... :unsure:

• Moderators

I guess I dont get it. Isn't the point of inactivating a pilot that has not flown is the simple fact that they are not participating? I think if they want to get back into the va they should have to work a little, ie - emailing the ceo or hr director with a reason why they want to come back. If you dont want any requirement to come back or to be a member, why inactivate them in the first place? Just my 2cents.... :unsure:

Spot on! The thing is i have worked for a va that enforce an active roster of inactivity, it keeps the va fresh and lets face it if a pilot cant fly one every 2 months then maybe they shouldn't be a member. If they want to come back then its reasonable to email, Thats my 2 p's worth :)

I agree 100% with you on this. I don't think it is too much to ask for a quick e-mail.