Jump to content
ProAvia

https Warning

Recommended Posts

Is anyone else getting an https warning on their Android device? Or a "Cannot Verify Server Identity" on iOS?

Does this have to do with the transfer of hosting from Simpilot to Nabeel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that you are correct in that the security certificate for https has expired. Loading just now, I see the https has reverted to http - that's totally fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back working without any warnings; I am a big fan of HTTPS, especially with sites like letsencrypt.org that offer free and easy tools for sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs an SSL Cert. 

On 25/6/2017 at 5:03 AM, t_bergman said:

Back working without any warnings; I am a big fan of HTTPS, especially with sites like letsencrypt.org that offer free and easy tools for sites. 

Since phpVMS *seemingly* has limited funding, I think the LetsEncrypt SSL is the way to go, I use it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 5:34 PM, Max said:

Needs an SSL Cert. 

Since phpVMS *seemingly* has limited funding, I think the LetsEncrypt SSL is the way to go, I use it myself.

Not seemingly, def does :) I'll be looking into SSL stuff. I haven't transferred anything over, yet. Still figuring out what to do with the forum. I'm actually thinking of closing/archiving this one, and starting fresh with Flarum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Not seemingly, def does :) I'll be looking into SSL stuff. I haven't transferred anything over, yet. Still figuring out what to do with the forum. I'm actually thinking of closing/archiving this one, and starting fresh with Flarum.

Oooh. Well Flarum does seem like a nice, modern replacement. But it does not have that classic "Forum" feeling that I think we all love, it seems a bit more *simple*.

I'd say this one should stay up if you switch but you can archive it and still allow everyone to look through it as there's a heap of helpful resources and stuff in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Max said:

Oooh. Well Flarum does seem like a nice, modern replacement. But it does not have that classic "Forum" feeling that I think we all love, it seems a bit more *simple*.

I'd say this one should stay up if you switch but you can archive it and still allow everyone to look through it as there's a heap of helpful resources and stuff in here.

There's sooo much spam coming in haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nabeel said:

There's sooo much spam coming in haha.

What type of spam? The one nice thing about ipboard is that the license renewal options are low cost compared to starting over with another payware board. Although I am not familiar with the hosting costs and server demand that the ipboard has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 8:12 PM, t_bergman said:

What type of spam? The one nice thing about ipboard is that the license renewal options are low cost compared to starting over with another payware board. Although I am not familiar with the hosting costs and server demand that the ipboard has. 

Yeah, it's actually cheaper than I remembered. I'll prolly stick with ipb. Just gotta setup redis and etc to get it purring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2017 at 8:34 AM, Nabeel said:

Yeah, it's actually cheaper than I remembered. I'll prolly stick with ipb. Just gotta setup redis and etc to get it purring

There is a ton of help info here and the spam seems to have dropped which is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×