kACARS_Free - 1.0.0.5 (BETA)

Guest lorathon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lorathon

One thing is certain... the "old" and "buggy" FSACARS works for me like a dream.

I find KACARS for me still "buggy". I'd rather wait for improvements.

I have the same issue as Stéphane.

Regards,

Sérgio Gomes

I am working on this problem. What is your site perhaps having two sites that are returning the same error may help me to get this fixed quicker.

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Administrators

I was getting the 403 error as well and tracked it down to the server mod-sec file. If you do not have an up to date file it will not allow certain types of xml data to pass and returns the 403 error.

The offending lines were:

#SecRule HTTP_Content-Type "!(^application/x-www-form-urlencoded$|^multipart/form-data;).*" "deny,log,status:403"
#Added a rule_id so that this rule can be disabled.
SecRule REQUEST_METHOD "!^(get|head|options|post|put|propfind)$" chain,deny,log,id:90001,status:403
SecRule HTTP_Content-Type "!(^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;).*$"

I was able to update the mod_sec file to the newest version and now kACARS connects without issue. (And works quite well, I must say) If you are not on a dedicated server, ie - shared hosting, you may have to have your host make these changes for you, if they will. This solved my connection issues, now if I could just fly right..... :unsure:

Guest lorathon

I was getting the 403 error as well and tracked it down to the server mod-sec file. If you do not have an up to date file it will not allow certain types of xml data to pass and returns the 403 error.

The offending lines were:

#SecRule HTTP_Content-Type "!(^application/x-www-form-urlencoded$|^multipart/form-data;).*" "deny,log,status:403"
#Added a rule_id so that this rule can be disabled.
SecRule REQUEST_METHOD "!^(get|head|options|post|put|propfind)$" chain,deny,log,id:90001,status:403
SecRule HTTP_Content-Type "!(^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|^multipart/form-data;).*$"

I was able to update the mod_sec file to the newest version and now kACARS connects without issue. (And works quite well, I must say) If you are not on a dedicated server, ie - shared hosting, you may have to have your host make these changes for you, if they will. This solved my connection issues, now if I could just fly right..... :unsure:

Thanks for the info simpilot.

The difference between xACARS, FSACARS and kACARS is the way that the data is transferred. kACARS uses XML to send and receive the data. The other 2 use a posting method to the site. This seems to work but makes it prone to errors. It also makes it difficult to use the data once received.

If needed, I can write a kACARS for those who would like to remain using the posting and parsing method.

• Administrators

Thanks for the info simpilot.

The difference between xACARS, FSACARS and kACARS is the way that the data is transferred. kACARS uses XML to send and receive the data. The other 2 use a posting method to the site. This seems to work but makes it prone to errors. It also makes it difficult to use the data once received.

If needed, I can write a kACARS for those who would like to remain using the posting and parsing method.

Just to clarify, Jeff is still using POST to send the XML across. It just seems some servers have overly aggressive security settings which wouldn't allow either raw posts, or allow PHP to read directly from the input buffer used (I'm not sure I agree with the perceived security advantage). But it's best for you to work with your host to establish a workaround.

Also, since it's 403 errors, the Apache server logs should have some sort of error message, which will go a long way in helping to understand what's happening behind the scenes. Your host should be able to provide that.

• Moderators

Sorry I guess I should have worded that better :unsure:

Hey Lorathon!

I have one bug to report, that kACARS is not tracking me right like. When i took off and it got my landing rate, & when i stop at the runway so i can get ATC clearance & it siad i arrived.

VERSION 1.0.0.5

Guest lorathon

Hey Lorathon!

I have one bug to report, that kACARS is not tracking me right like. When i took off and it got my landing rate, & when i stop at the runway so i can get ATC clearance & it siad i arrived.

VERSION 1.0.0.5

I am not following you. If you took off and then landed. You should have arrived. I am missing something. Can you explain it a little better. Maybe my brain is still sleeping. :D

• Moderators

I am not following you. If you took off and then landed. You should have arrived. I am missing something. Can you explain it a little better. Maybe my brain is still sleeping. :D

I did not touch the ground when i took off, when i stopped at the runway to wait for the ATC clearance, but it siad i arrivie and i was just about to leave to take off.

Guest lorathon

Ok.

Just to be clear so I can debug.

1. You start kACARS and taxi to the runway and then it shows you arrived. Correct? You never take off. Just taxi. Is this correct?

Or

2. You land at the destination and taxi off the runway turn on the parking brake as you are waiting for clearance to taxi to the gate?

If it is #1 then I would need a lot more information on your set up. kACARS should not record a landing until you have climbed to at least 500 feet above ground level. Once 500 AGL has been reached it starts checking for the landing.

If it is #2 then do not use the parking brake until you are parked at the gate. In reality it doesnt matter as the recording continues until you tell it to stop. I can code it so that it sends the arrived message at the stop recording function but only if I get a lot of requests to do this.

Let me know which it is.

Hi

This is looks like an excellent piece of software, but I've run up against a small issue. After I've logged in and downloaded a flight's info, I have my aircraft list auto-populated with our 5 planes. However, when I clear the data and download a new flight's details, I get the list populated twice, so I have 2 of each plane, and so on. I've downloaded a few different flight infos now and have about 20 planes in the list! Everything else seems to be working ok so far, just about to test an actual flight. I'm on 2.1.934 and using the module supplied with that.

Cheers

Guest lorathon

Hi

This is looks like an excellent piece of software, but I've run up against a small issue. After I've logged in and downloaded a flight's info, I have my aircraft list auto-populated with our 5 planes. However, when I clear the data and download a new flight's details, I get the list populated twice, so I have 2 of each plane, and so on. I've downloaded a few different flight infos now and have about 20 planes in the list! Everything else seems to be working ok so far, just about to test an actual flight. I'm on 2.1.934 and using the module supplied with that.

Cheers

ahhhh... I forgot to dump the list and reload. This will be repaired in the next version.

Thanks for the bug report.

Something else I've just found - when I send the pirep it says Pirep Filed! but no pirep shows on the site. Looking at the log it's trying to insert e.g. "00:55:49:00" into the flighttime_stamp field, which can only accept e.g. "00:55:49".

Guest lorathon

I will look into this. Strange since this is the first time that this has come up. It should be sending xx:xx:xx. I will get back to you.

Was it just this one pirep? Have you been able to file at all?

Guest lorathon

Ok thanks for the inform. Can you possibly send me the .xml files after you try and send the pirep. You can just copy the code and pm it to me. Be sure to remove your password. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lorathon

Toyuko,

Please send me the following information.

Open the receive.xml file that is inside of the folder which the application was installed into and first see if there is anything in there. If there is please copy the code and send it to me. Make sure you do this after you have gotten the error.

This will be the starting point on how I can help you.

Also please let me know what version of phpVMS you are running.

One last thing. What is your site address?

Thanks,

Jeff