[Solved]going back

kbohme

About the only thing you could do is go back to the latest release prior to the new beta and load that up. It will not overwrite any custom skins or modules.

Yah I have had to delete the whole site and tried to start again. Now the new version won't install on either of my two servers. Keep getting a ezdb_mysql.class.php error on both. I really liked phpvms but everytime I try to upgrade its a royal pain. I'm getting a little frustrated. IF i get it running again I think I will stop upgrading.

Upgrading is normally a couple minute process and painless. I wonder if it is just the newest beta version that is the problem? That is why I have yet to upgrade to that release yet.

Your best bet in the future is create a dev site so you can test the updates there before you apply it to your production site. I created a sub domain for my dev site and imported a copy of my production database to my dev site so when I do update it will be close to the real thing. I will then have my staff login and test everything. If all goes well I schedule downtime and then update my prod site. This has virtually stopped all the frustration when upgrading.

Your best bet in the future is create a dev site so you can test the updates there before you apply it to your production site. I created a sub domain for my dev site and imported a copy of my production database to my dev site so when I do update it will be close to the real thing. I will then have my staff login and test everything. If all goes well I schedule downtime and then update my prod site. This has virtually stopped all the frustration when upgrading.

I usually test everything out on a separate home computer server. However the update didn't work on the server. I thought that it must be a problem with my home server setup so I uploaded it. I have moved now from an error to nothing at all. When I try to run the install.php I get nothing at all. No error, no nothing.

I was thinking about redesigning my airline anyways. So I really dont mind loosing everything. I just want to get it installed so I can start designing !!!

So far every update that I do has created days of tweaking work for me, although I am still a beginner when it comes to php.

( sorry about all the !!, been working on trying to install this for about 3 hours now, getting a bit frustrated. )

I usually test everything out on a separate home computer server. However the update didn't work on the server. I thought that it must be a problem with my home server setup so I uploaded it. I have moved now from an error to nothing at all. When I try to run the install.php I get nothing at all. No error, no nothing.

I was thinking about redesigning my airline anyways. So I really dont mind loosing everything. I just want to get it installed so I can start designing !!!

So far every update that I do has created days of tweaking work for me, although I am still a beginner when it comes to php.

( sorry about all the !!, been working on trying to install this for about 3 hours now, getting a bit frustrated. )

Is your production site with a free or paid hosting provider?

a paid site. I have talked to them and I seem to have all the rights and privileges needed. Php scripting enabled, etc.. I will go find a tutorial and double check what I need. I had a xoops website on it before and it worked and installed fine.

I have emailed my host again and will double check the particulars.

on my old host I tried it (where i had my old phpvms site) and get a ezdb_mysql.class.php error on line 99

can anyone shed some light on what that is ? It may help me get this going on my new host.

• Administrators

a paid site. I have talked to them and I seem to have all the rights and privileges needed. Php scripting enabled, etc.. I will go find a tutorial and double check what I need. I had a xoops website on it before and it worked and installed fine.

I have emailed my host again and will double check the particulars.

on my old host I tried it (where i had my old phpvms site) and get a ezdb_mysql.class.php error on line 99

can anyone shed some light on what that is ? It may help me get this going on my new host.

You have to post the error

There are issues with the beta (that's why it's beta. You upgraded to the newer version - from what to what? We need some more information

You have to post the error

There are issues with the beta (that's why it's beta. You upgraded to the newer version - from what to what? We need some more information

I got the error:

ezdb_mysql.class.php error on line 99 on one server

and the install wont run on my other server (I think that is due to the server not having the required program)

I downloaded and tried to install version 2.1.934

I think I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer run this on my server.

Is there a download link to an earlier version that I can try ?

Here is the full error

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (1045)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in C:\wamp\www\updated website\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

• Administrators

Here is the full error

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (1045)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in C:\wamp\www\updated website\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

That error is because you're using a database username/password which isn't valid. You have to get a valid database login and change it in the core/local.config.php file. Contact your host for help with a mysql user, you can add one/change it in cPanel if that's what you're using

That error is because you're using a database username/password which isn't valid. You have to get a valid database login and change it in the core/local.config.php file. Contact your host for help with a mysql user, you can add one/change it in cPanel if that's what you're using

I have been trying that, but I am doing a fresh install now, and there is not core/local.config.php

Is there a file in the install directory that I need to change ?

I have added users and used the default users (with passwords) and keep getting the same error

Thanks, I thought as much.

I will keep trying to get it to install...

Okay...

I have created the database

I have created a user for it with a password and full permissions (it is my server)

I have run the checkinstall.php and everything is ok

and I still get

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (1045)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000><b></b></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in C:\wamp\www\newphpvms\core\classes\ezdb\ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

I notice that it says user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' that is not the username I put into the install info window

nor can I find it for my database

I even added SYSTEM as a user and still get the same error.

I apologize if I am missing something obvious here...

• Administrators

Can you verify that the local.config.php file is being created in the core folder, and if it is, is there anything in it? it should have the database settings in the very first part of it, are the values the same as what you used during the install?

Can you verify that the local.config.php file is being created in the core folder, and if it is, is there anything in it? it should have the database settings in the very first part of it, are the values the same as what you used during the install?

The local.config.php is being created but is empty.

Can you perhaps tell me the info to put in there manually ?

• Administrators

The local.config.php is being created but is empty.

Can you perhaps tell me the info to put in there manually ?

That is the main issue - probably a permissions error but you can create your own to get going, try this ->

Try this -> http://pastebin.com/yz5BRwrA <- it has a few extras in it as I stripped it out of a test va install but it should work.

You will have to use your editor to set your database info.

Also set your url and email address lower in the file.

You can prbably solve the issue by changing the permissions to the core folder during install.

That is the main issue - probably a permissions error but you can create your own to get going, try this ->

Try this -> http://pastebin.com/yz5BRwrA <- it has a few extras in it as I stripped it out of a test va install but it should work.

You will have to use your editor to set your database info.

Also set your url and email address lower in the file.

You can prbably solve the issue by changing the permissions to the core folder during install.

Thanks I will give that a go !

In reality you should never use a beta as a poduction site, use it in a seperate folder and test it, and report the bugs you run into. Make sure the files have the correct permissions. Make sure the server location is correct some use localhost some have a different server location. When upgrading do not go to install.php you just need to go to upgrade.php. Install.php will install it fresh, and it could be getting a conflict with the current database.

In reality you should never use a beta as a poduction site, use it in a seperate folder and test it, and report the bugs you run into. Make sure the files have the correct permissions. Make sure the server location is correct some use localhost some have a different server location. When upgrading do not go to install.php you just need to go to upgrade.php. Install.php will install it fresh, and it could be getting a conflict with the current database.

Well I just got the latest version as recommended. I tried the update first, and everything went belly up (perhaps a bad download). At that point I deleted all my files and databases so that I could start anew with a fresh install. Unfortunately the new version is too advanced for both of my online pay servers so I will have to wait or find something else to use for them, but more curious is that it wont install on my testing server (I run wamp on my home system). I just cant seem to get it to work...

I just felt the need to explain the steps that I have taken so as to to sound too moronic :)

• Administrators

Well I just got the latest version as recommended. I tried the update first, and everything went belly up (perhaps a bad download). At that point I deleted all my files and databases so that I could start anew with a fresh install. Unfortunately the new version is too advanced for both of my online pay servers so I will have to wait or find something else to use for them, but more curious is that it wont install on my testing server (I run wamp on my home system). I just cant seem to get it to work...

I just felt the need to explain the steps that I have taken so as to to sound too moronic :)

What do you mean too advanced?

WAMP, to my recollection, does some weird things with their setup. I'd try XAMPP

Ok

my present server did not have the required versions of everything. I am not sure what changes from the last version to this one, but something did.

So, I have tried it on a new server and SUCCESS !

I am still trying to get it to work on wamp, but I will download xamp and give it a go.

I will keep you informed.