Have you heard the news?

press_release_smaller.png

[July 23, 2011] - Seattle, Washington - Legend Air Virtual Corporate Offices

Hello,

Have you had a chance to check out Legend Air's new, fully phpVMS powered website? No? Well please take a moment to view what members have deemed "The best phpVMS powered website".

Our website is located at: www.legend-virtual.org and offers pilots a new look at Virtual Aviation. With our very own 'SkyAcademy' on the brink of opening, our staff looks to provide top notch, grade A+ service to all of our members.

We are also on the verge of becoming a "VATSIM Certified" Virtual Airline!

Take a look around and let me know what you think!

Also - Legend Air is now hiring for the following positions. Please email me at t.hollins@legend-virtual.org or use the Contact form on our site to find out more information.

• Eastern Operations Regional Manager
  • Assistant Eastern Operations Regional Manager
  • Assistant Western Operations Regional Manager
  • Marketing Manager/Public Affairs
  • SkyAcademy Training Director
  • SkyAcademy Training Staff
  • Events Manager

Thank you very much for your time.

• Like 2

• Moderators

One question:

"The best phpVMS powered website".

How do you know that?Is there any critic who decided that your website is the best phpVMS powered website? Or you draw conclutions as a Chief Executive Officer (or,generally, staff) of Legend Air... ;)

• Like 2

One question:

How do you know that?Is there any critic who decided that your website is the best phpVMS powered website? Or you draw conclutions as a Chief Executive Officer (or,generally, staff) of Legend Air... ;)

Not a statement by me, or any staff for that matter. I've received comments via email, and the contact us form praising our site as well as web designer. Don't forget... in this day and age... everybody is a critic ;)

yeah thats a bold statement you dare to make . i have seen way better phpvms websites then this one. blink.gif

Go bold, or go home ;) right?

• Like 1

I like the boldness myself. No need to bash this VA guys what is he going to say...."we have the worst phpvms website" :blink:

Never bad to be to bold.......plus I haven't checked but I doubt the people replying on this thread have the best either(while yes in this thread they have not claimed to be the best)

I understand your boldness and best of luck to your virtual airline.

regardless of the beliefs of the previous posters. And really maybe others are intimidated by your sites well done design(idk maybe a long shot ;) )

• Like 1

• Moderators

i am not intimidated by the webdesigne nor do i make anny statement that my website is the best .

iff he thinks(or been emailed with it) his website is the best arround on phpvms great for him but to me that sound like a child off 12 speaking.

it was better to incoroporate some statements in the press release

also the name off the designer sounds familiar to me an he will know what i mean.

• Like 1

nor do i make anny statement that my website is the best .

Just to clarify for my own sake I know you didn't say that, and I made sure to say that in my previous post. I am just saying I am okay with him being bold so long as he isn't bashing other (which he isn't). Also the point of his post was not to say he had the best website it was just a plus in his opinion. As far as the best website I don't have the right to say.

I feel like we are blocking this guys pr release and just starting a debate though so this will be my last post.

I am sorry to the starter of this for posting something unrelated to the point of the thread.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. The point of this press release was to grab peoples attention. It's an advertisement, not an open invitation to create tension or a bashing session between members or airlines for that matter. I stated above as well that this wasnt my statement, now if I was wrong for posting other peoples statements nobody can decide. Just the same, nobody can really decide if my site is really "the best phpVMS" website out there.

Honestly though, I am saddened by the Virtual Airline Discussion part of the forums almost on a daily basis. I am not a twelve year old kid but rather a seventeen year old who has been trying to build up my virtual airline ever since I was thirteen. My disappointment comes in the form that there's other people(various ages) who have spent years trying to build up their airline and when something great finally happens, they come to post here in these forums and almost instantly get bashed by higher, respected members of these forums and their words dissected worse than a high school biology class.

I'm not going for sympathy here, and know that everyone will have their opinion. However I am trying to make a point that everyone could learn to better themselves and this virtual airline community by learning to offer constructive criticism instead of bashing others and dissecting their words publicly.

Maybe I was wrong for the statement, and if I am I am sorry for that. I honestly was only going for an advertisement that would grab peoples attention not to gain pilots but just to raise awareness.

Thank you all for your time.

• Like 1

To be honest, it really isn't a great idea to advertise your website for pilot (member) recruitment as we are all admin of our own VA. I believe when Nabeel placed "Virtual Airlines Discussions" in here he meant to have us all show off what we have accomplished with our minds using phpVMS. You probably won't grab many pilots to join you VA by advertising here. I'll bet most people that see a "link back" link on another persons website and clicks it and finds out it is free to use, they will ditch your website and do their own. I have been using phpVMS since the near beginning and have seen a lot of VA's come and go as most of the ones that go are the ones who find that while phpVMS is free, the hosting isn't (free hosting isn't functional with phpVMS). I'm not making any statement towards you, nor your website as I haven't looked at it yet. Most of us here are all here for the same reason..."TO BE THE BEST", but THAT comes in time.

Hello,

I understand your point of view and agree with it. In the post I just made I explained that this was not created to find pilots. I know that this is filled mainly with executives. I stated above that it was mainly to get the word out about our site.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Having visited your website, I find it has a great look and feel to it. It is very appealing to any person who visits. It also looks like it is 100% complete (no missing links, pages...etc.) and I wish you the best of luck with your VA. B)

Having visited your website, I find it has a great look and feel to it. It is very appealing to any person who visits. It also looks like it is 100% complete (no missing links, pages...etc.) and I wish you the best of luck with your VA. B)

Thank you very much Jeff! :)

• Like 1

Have a look Here

If I am not mistaken, that would be a missing link. I wouldn't say it is the best, but looks real good. Looks professional, just one thing that really gets me, the splash screen, that really puts me off a VA. They are old, and really, not needed. The site is good enough, that you should be wanting to show it off directly. Also having the link to the main page, in small font, doesn't really go well, you should make it bigger if you are going to stick to the splash screen. Make it easier to see, at the moment it is lost.

Tory came to advertise his virtual and now we are criticising his website?

To be fair, he did invite peeps to have a look around the site and let him know what they thought of it.

I think it's a nice looking site, and you clearly have a good idea behind the VA, well done! B)