Airport_Charts_V1.1

Kyle
Message added by Kyle

WARNING: This module is no longer supported from the developer as the developer is shifting their focus on phpVMS v4 Addons.

• Moderators

Airport_Charts_V1.1

This module is an airport charts database, which your pilots can view the charts you have them available for download and you can administer the charts in the back in.

Created Under: http://creativecommo...s/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Completed By: Vansers

Screenshot of Module:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

How To Install:

1) Download the file that is attached here...

2) Unzip the file...

3) Upload/Import the SQL file called charts.sql into the database that your VMS install sits.

4) Upload the files same as the structure as your phpvms files.

5) Copy this code and paste it into your local.config file.

# Set the type of charts
Config::Set(
'CHART_TYPES', array(	
	'1'=>'Facility',
	'2'=>'Standard Instrument Departure',
	'3'=>'Standard Terminal Arrival',
	'4'=>'ILS Approach',
	'5'=>'Approach'
)
);

Enjoy the Module!

To add the navigation of the module, copy this code and paste it into your core_navigation...

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/charts'); ?>">Airport Charts</a></li>

To add the admin navigation of the module, copy this code and paste it into your admin core_navigation...

<li><a href="<?php echo adminurl('/ChartsAdmin/');?>">Add & Edit Charts</a></li>

-------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.1 - October 7, 2011

Let me know if it works.

If you have any questions or requests (sometimes it may be filled or not), let me know!

Enjoy the new module.

WARNING: Wherever you live, sometimes your counties government may not allow you to post your airport charts, but my suggestion is that you add an external link to the chart to another site of where you found it. I highly suggest that you external link your charts to another sites. Instead uploading to your site and you can get in trouble with the law or governments. I will not be liable for you getting into trouble!!

Removed File
Airport_Charts_V1.0.zp

REMOVED :[attachment=710:Airport_Charts_V1.1.zip]

Download Here

• Like 6

Hi Kyle,

Just downloaded this module with absolutely no problem what so ever!

Looks fantastic and works great.

I think changing it might be against the license rules you have, but I was thinking it might be a nice idea to incorporate it into that airport viewer module.

So either down the right hand side of the page or once you click the airport name there's links to the charts there :)

Here's where it would be for example: http://www.palmairva.com/index.php/airports/

Not sure what you think, but I love it anyway thanks again +1

-Matthew

EDIT: ok one small problem I bet is my fault. Can't seem to see it in the admin center. I added the necessary parts to core_navigation in the main database as follows:

<?php echo $MODULE_NAV_INC;?>
<?php
if(Auth::LoggedIn())
{
if(PilotGroups::group_has_perm(Auth::$usergroups, ACCESS_ADMIN))
{
echo '<li><a href="'.fileurl('/admin').'">Admin Center</a></li>
     <li><a href="<?php echo adminurl('/ChartsAdmin/');?>">Add & Edit Charts</a></li>'; }
?>

Any thoughts? I've got to go out now and don't really have time to look but thanks!

The link for the admin, is supposed to go in the admin of the wholesite, not where the link to the admin side is.

Thanks yes I understand now. Just it wasn't something I could get my head around at 6 in the morning! :lol:

I have the option to choose the Chart Type however I can't find where to edit the types of chart that I can choose from.

Is this the same problem as I have? From the drop down box of chart types. It just appears blank :blink:

• Moderators

I have not check any virtual airline which using this module but i would like to inform you that due to the Greek Civil Aviation Authority it is prohibited to publish any chart material from any Greek airport. I do not represent the Greek Civil Aviation Authority but i want to let your know. :)

servetas

• Like 1

I have a small probleme Can noth add charts to the list

I have installed the module 2 times

also the database

I think chart type

The answer is right above your post :)

Crap!!! I forgot one more thing. I'll be up in a few and add one more thing. The config settings for the types.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sorry About that I forgot one more thing. It's easy to add.

Copy this code and paste it into your local.config file.

# Set the type of charts
Config::Set(
'CHART_TYPES', array(	
	'1'=>'Facility',
	'2'=>'Standard Instrument Departure',
	'3'=>'Standard Terminal Arrival',
	'4'=>'ILS Approach',
	'5'=>'Approach'
)
);

And then your Chart Types will show up.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hi Kyle,

I think changing it might be against the license rules you have,

No! :D You are free to change the module to your whatever you like! Like adding new fields, or something. But if there are errors, I can try to help you but it won't be the original.

Okay, I ran a test and the file I downloaded seems to work...

Did you upload the ChartsData.class into core/common folder?

I have downloaded the files again

And uploaded as in the achieve. Imported de sql in the phpvms database see attach but still the same error message that de link are not added

I will try again it later again

post-2414-056864600 1317574023_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I have downloaded the files again

And uploaded as in the achieve. Imported de sql in the phpvms database see attach but still the same error message that de link are not added

I will try again it later again

Ummmm...

You should able to add them without the link.

Solved now works like a charm

Wrong database because I us the IPS system for tracking flight on Ivao and Vatsim

I try to put into the database manual and then show not up so I noted that it must use the other database (IPS)

Thanks for this addon