kACARS - Feedback

Guest lorathon

Guest lorathon

It will have been a week tomorrow sInce I first released kACARS. I have had a boat load of hits to the downloads but have not received much feedback. Please tell me what you think. What can be better what are the problems what is annoying and needs to be tweaked...etc... One of the key reasons that I wrote this was the problems with FSACARS and XACARS both of which seem to have zero to minimal support. I hope that I have shown that I support my app's 100% and will get any errors fixed as quickly as possible. Without the communities help it will never be what you all want it to be.

I would appreciate it if you logged into my forum and posted your thoughts, requests, etc.....

FS-Products

Thanks for trying it out and Thanks for reading,

Jeff

Guest lorathon

Lorathon,

where does the PHP file go? I did see it somewhere but unable to find it now.

I have been looking for an easy to use system, this might be it.

core/modules/kACARS_Free

Let me know how it works for you.

Guest lorathon

kacars_free is a folder or the file?

core/modules/kACARS_Free.php

core/modules/kACARS_Free/kACARS_Free.php

Like this....

core/modules/kACARS_Free/kACARS_Free.php

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running kACARS with easyjet, and I have noticed that today, during climb I levelled off at about fl060 en-route, and the program said I had reached TOC..Are you able to implement a timer for say.. A minute and a half, to allow any altitude changes, because I know that often ATC will have you remain at a certain altitude for a short period of time.

Regards,

I'm running kACARS with easyjet, and I have noticed that today, during climb I levelled off at about fl060 en-route, and the program said I had reached TOC..Are you able to implement a timer for say.. A minute and a half, to allow any altitude changes, because I know that often ATC will have you remain at a certain altitude for a short period of time.

Regards,

I am using kACARS since a few days now and yesterday i have flown with it together with 2 other pilots... AMAZING and SIMPLE program!

Good stuff and looking forward for any updates or addons for this! :-)

Regards,

Lucas

Guest lorathon

Regards,

I thought I answered this but apparently not. The flight level should be set to your final FL. The TOC is based upon what is entered at the time.

Guest lorathon

I am using kACARS since a few days now and yesterday i have flown with it together with 2 other pilots... AMAZING and SIMPLE program!

Good stuff and looking forward for any updates or addons for this! :-)

Regards,

Lucas

Excellent. Rock stable.

Only one thing...is it supposed to permit uploading a PIREP if your crash?

[10:04] - Flight OMG0 is ready to depart OMG1 with a final destination of OMG1.

[10:04] - Boarding

[10:06] - Taxiing to Runway

[10:06] - Taking Off

[10:06] - Take off at 97kts, with a pitch of -3deg and 2560lbs of fuel on board

[10:06] - Climbing to TOC

[10:22] - Simulator Paused

[10:23] - Simulator Un-Paused

[10:36] - Landed at -5029fpm. With 2190lbs of fuel onboard and a pitch angle of 12deg.

[10:36] - Simulator Paused

When I left, to walk the dog, I was at FL310. When I got back, I was in a stall condition a few hundred feet AGL, from which I couldn't recover. When I looked at kACARS, I still had the option to stop recording and when I clicked that, the option to upload the PIREP.

Actually, I don't mind being paid for a flight I didn't survive, but was just trying to find out if it is a bug or a feature.biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lorathon

If you are running the latest version of phpVMS then you do not even need to do this. The kACARS_Free module now comes pre-installed with phpVMS. If you are using an older version then you just need to drop the file into that folder and setup kACARS_Free correctly (point the URL Base in the direction of your site) and thats it.

If you need any help let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

A small request: Would it be possible to include the version number in the pirep report? Maybe at the end just have a "VER:1.0.1.0" or something of the like. I am starting to run into pilot issues and am having a time tracking things back not being able to see what version they are reporting with. Us pilots are not always the smartest group. ;)

Guest lorathon

A small request: Would it be possible to include the version number in the pirep report? Maybe at the end just have a "VER:1.0.1.0" or something of the like. I am starting to run into pilot issues and am having a time tracking things back not being able to see what version they are reporting with. Us pilots are not always the smartest group. ;)

I do the same with our airlines ACARS. I should have added that. I will do it on the next version.