General Feature Requests

Nabeel

• Administrators

New Config setting for the time entered into DB.

We run our VA on Zulu time. So I went through and changed all of the NOW() to UTC_TIMESTAMP(). I think an option for time setting would be awesome.

Interesting.. can you add a bug for that in the tracker?

• Administrators

I would be interested in a global setting to change all last names to an initial where it is showing to the public. I know there was a thread about this in the past but I never got it to work.

That's all template changes. You can use something like:

echo $pilot->lastname[0];

And that'll show the first letter only

It's a lot of templates to change..

I think this is a good idea also.

I'd like to request a feature where you can check a check box to have an return schedule automatically created when you create the first one.

Example: You create a flight from KMIA to KLAX. You check the "Return Flight" check box and when you submit that schedule it automatically creates KLAX to KMIA using the same info from the first.

This would be for the website and the csv file.

• Administrators

I'd like to request a feature where you can check a check box to have an return schedule automatically created when you create the first one.

Example: You create a flight from KMIA to KLAX. You check the "Return Flight" check box and when you submit that schedule it automatically creates KLAX to KMIA using the same info from the first.

This would be for the website and the csv file.

How would it determine the flight number?

• Administrators

I'll have to think - I think having a box show up there would be difficult, but I have to think - in the case of a CSV import, can't be done..

So use-cases:

1. If the flight number ends with a letter? Adds to the flight number, not suffix?
  2. If flight number already exists, what should it do? skip? or keep adding until there's a free one?
  3. Route left blank? Or the route is reversed
  4. Times - remain the same?
  5. I guess aircraft remains the same. Since I don't care if it's used already doesn't matter much

Hello All,

I have 2 suggestions if I may?

1. In the Admin area under both Schedules and Airports if we could have a search option?

I currently have 16 pages of Airports and if I need to edit something then it becomes very time consuming.. :(

2. Again, in the Admin area, within Schedules, could we please have an AJAX Snippet that will check to ensure that a Flight Number doesn't already exist ?

After filling out a schedule, then finding that it hasn't saved becuase the Flight Number you wanted to use was already taken by a schedule burried 4 pages down the list... :(

Also, if that happens, is there a way of returning the result with the option to add a different Flight Number instead of loosing all the information you just entered ?

Thanks for hearing me out :)

Regards

Adam

AUZ

I'll have to think - I think having a box show up there would be difficult, but I have to think - in the case of a CSV import, can't be done..

So use-cases:

1. If the flight number ends with a letter? Adds to the flight number, not suffix?
  2. If flight number already exists, what should it do? skip? or keep adding until there's a free one?
  3. Route left blank? Or the route is reversed
  4. Times - remain the same?
  5. I guess aircraft remains the same. Since I don't care if it's used already doesn't matter much

Nabeel,

Thanks for pointing those things out.

1. Not too sure on that one.

2. Add to the next free one if possible.

3.Blank

4.Yes

5.Yep.

Thanks for looking into this. If it can't be done then I'm not too worried about it because I've started to get use to making all schedule changes via the .csv. I'm becoming quite an expert at it. laugh.gif

• Administrators

An option that admins for my va can send a mass email with out the reply coming back to my email.

This exists, check the app.config.php and copy the line into local.config.php. I forget the name but I thnk it's EMAIL_REPLY_ADDRESS or something like that. There are comments in there explaning

• Administrators

Nabeel,

Thanks for pointing those things out.

1. Not too sure on that one.

2. Add to the next free one if possible.

3.Blank

4.Yes

5.Yep.

Thanks for looking into this. If it can't be done then I'm not too worried about it because I've started to get use to making all schedule changes via the .csv. I'm becoming quite an expert at it. laugh.gif

I'll have to let it marinate for a bit

Seeing this is the place for requests I thought I would add a couple of my own. Being new i am not to sure if they have been requested before but here goes....

* Award images seen on Pilots Centre

* Option for more than one email address on notifications to admins

* A personal notification window to message individual pilots or groups. I see this is possible on accepting Pireps. Would be good if a pilot logs on into the Pilot centre and see's it.

(Somthing like a NOTAM system)

Overall a superb system though and I look forward to Aer Lingus Virtual members using it, they are excited about the move which will be happening around July.

Seeing this is the place for requests I thought I would add a couple of my own. Being new i am not to sure if they have been requested before but here goes....

* Award images seen on Pilots Centre

* Option for more than one email address on notifications to admins

* A personal notification window to message individual pilots or groups. I see this is possible on accepting Pireps. Would be good if a pilot logs on into the Pilot centre and see's it.

(Somthing like a NOTAM system)

Overall a superb system though and I look forward to Aer Lingus Virtual members using it, they are excited about the move which will be happening around July.

Good news is you can do all three now.

1. That code is commented out. All you need to do is uncomment it and your good to go. ( I'm not at home or I'll give you the exact code)

2. In the app.config you can find the code that will allow you to pick who gets new pilots and new PIREP notices. Just copy that code to your config file.

3. There is an Airmail addon in the "Addon and Releases" forum which will do just that thing.

Good news is you can do all three now.

1. That code is commented out. All you need to do is uncomment it and your good to go. ( I'm not at home or I'll give you the exact code)

2. In the app.config you can find the code that will allow you to pick who gets new pilots and new PIREP notices. Just copy that code to your config file.

3. There is an Airmail addon in the "Addon and Releases" forum which will do just that thing.

Excellent cheers Keith.

Can you PM me when you have a convenient time to point me to the location of the code.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how well this would go over, but how about a every 100 hour required maintenance on aircraft. The aircraft would be grounded until a inspection/repair fee was paid. Much like FS Economy or Flightline.

I know we can just add that in expenses as is, I'm thinking once every 100 hours would help out some airlines. Maybe make an option to enable / disable in config file.

A way to set a pilot to LOA and set the date of his expected return. On this day, the system could send out an email saying that x pilot is supposed to return today.

That would be cool. Also have it where if they don't fly back after that time, they will be automatically moved to that airport and charged a fee for the flight.

• 1 month later...

I still think it would be mighty cool if we could pay the pilots a set amount per flight. Not like 345$ every flight they fly, but an amount for this flight a different amount for another. Set it up in admin where you can choose to pay the pilot by the hour or by the flight. Hourly wages are rough when you have a small airline doing short hops and such. At 1 or 20$ an hour, it would take forever to get enough pilot pay to do anything with if we had it setup so they could do anything with the pay. See what I mean?

I think hourly pay for large airlines that make consistent amounts of income can handle to pay a large amount per hour to pilots. Small airlines can not. Not every single flight flown is going to make money, and when they do, it would be nice to be able to compete pay wise with some of the big guys. I got some more to add to it all but you get the idea of my idea I'm sure. B)

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. It would be sweet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feature Request:

- Pilot special pay per Route. it would be great if it would be possible to set up special pilot Pays per Route so the Va´s would be able to offer special Routings for Pilot to earn like double payment per route or something

Kind of going down the same road that I was on with this whole thing. I was going to add a feature request on the dev site thing NAbeel uses but the recaptcha on that site hates me. :blink:

Here is one for the books. I just looked at a site that is REAL nice and well built. HE has spectacular hub pages for each of his hubs. The only thing I saw missing, was news.

What I was thinking was, with the nice built in news feature that we have in phpVMS, it would be real sweet if the option was there to post news to the main page, or a specific hub.

I was thinking that hub managers could run promotions like flyins and such for their hubs and post news in the admin section and choose whether it is global news (front page news) or specific to his/her ( politically correct ) hubs.

• 3 months later...

Can:

ALTER TABLE phpvms_pilots AUTO_INCREMENT = 1

and

ALTER TABLE phpvms_pireps AUTO_INCREMENT = 1

be added to the mysql that runs when rejecting a pilot application or pirep respectively, so we don't end up with completely random numbers?

Or would that mess things up?