Plugin Manager 1.0

Developed by:

simpilot - David Clark

www.simpilotgroup.com

www.david-clark.net

Developed using phpVMS ver 2.1.934-164

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

Creates admin interface for uploading, installing, un-installing, and deleting phpVMS Plugin's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

1 - Download the zip package

2 - Unzip the package and upload all the contents of the admin folder to the admin folder of your site.

3 - Goto your admin panel and there will be a link for the Plugin Manager under Addon's.

Code hosted on Github - Link In Signature.

Pilot Manager Tutorial

Note: As of 3/4/2012 - AirMail 3.0 and PopUpNews on Github are the only compatiable modules for the plugin manager. I am updating all the code this week for my modules to be usable within the plugin manager.

Plugin Structure for developers

-------------------------------

config.txt

A plugin must have a config.txt file with the basic structure from below;

plugin=Your Plugin Name

author=Your Name

email=Your Email

version=1.0

published=3/1/2012

license=Your License Type

link=Link To Your Site

sql file

Any sql database file must be included in the root of the plugin folder.

readme file

A readme.txt file can be structured something similar to below and is placed in the root of the folder.

AirMail 3.0

phpVMS module to create a messaging system your phpVMS based virtual airline.

Released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License

----------------------------------------------

A visible link to http://www.simpilotgroup.com must be provided on any site utilizing this script for the license to be valid.

----------------------------------------------

Developed by:

simpilot - David Clark

www.simpilotgroup.com

www.david-clark.net

Developed on:

phpVMS v2.1.934-158

php 5.3.4

mysql 5.0.7

apache 2.2.17

This system is not compatible with any earlier versions of AirMail

New Features:

-Delete All function in inbox and all message folders

-Individual pilot setting to have email sent to pilot when new message is received

-Threaded messages

Install Using Simpilotgroup Plugin Manager

-Download the package

-Upload the package to your site using the plugin manager

-Use the auto-install from the plugin manager

Install Manually:

-Download the package.

-Unzip the package and place the files as structured in your root phpVMS install.

-Use the airmail.sql file to create the tables needed in your sql database using phpmyadmin or similar.

Options:

To Use the "You Have Mail" function place the following code where you would like the notice to appear, it will only appear if the pilot is logged in.

<?php MainController::Run('Mail', 'checkmail'); ?>

-Create a link on your site for your pilots to access their AIRMail

<a href="<?php echo url('/Mail'); ?>">AIRMail</a>

phpVMS files

All the module files for the plugin must be in a file tree just as the system is structured

If you have assets that need to be used by the module - ie images, js files, etc.. create an assets folder within your module folder. (an example is included in the detail below)

an example:

My_New_module

-my_new_module.sql

-readme.txt

-config.txt

-license.txt

-core

--common

----My_New_ModuleData.class.php

--modules

----My_New_Module

------assets

--------my_module.js

--------my_module.png

------My_New_Module.php

--templates

----my_modules_templates

------index.tpl

------example.tpl

zip this structure into one one folder ie - My_new_module. Be sure not to create a folder within a folder.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Question?

Is this like a module manager or am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I know what it is now. My eyes are tired. lol.

Thanks for the share!

Do you mind if I can use that module to help easily install my modules for the others?

• Moderators

I got this error when going to that link "admin/index.php/plugins"

Warning: opendir(modules/Plugins/uploads/,modules/Plugins/uploads/) [function.opendir]: The system cannot find the file specified. (code: 2) in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 42
Warning: opendir(modules/Plugins/uploads/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 42
Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 44
Warning: closedir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 71

But the rest shows the page and stuff.

UPDATE

Got this error when I uploaded your Airmail module in the Plugin manager.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(modules/Plugins/uploads/webbyDavidClark-phpVMS-AirMail-bb84dfd.zip) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 544
Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '\tmp\phpB11.tmp' to 'modules/Plugins/uploads/webbyDavidClark-phpVMS-AirMail-bb84dfd.zip' in \htdocs\testing\admin\modules\Plugins\Plugins.php on line 544

UPDATE: With those errors. You forgot to create an uploads folder in the admin module, then all of the errors goes away

• Administrators

I added a index file to the uploads folder here on the local repo so Github will create the directory and pushed the update, I forgot that Githgub will not show an empty directory in a repo. Also added a tutorial on how the admin side of the module works.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

simpilot,

I'm currently having issues with integrating one of my addons with the plugin manager.

I have the SQL file named vAwards in the vAwards folder, and when I upload the zipped package, it works fine, but when I install it, there are no error messages anything, but the weird thing, it said it imported the vAwards sql file, but there is no vAwards database tables in there.

But when I uninstall it, I get an SQL error saying that vAwards table does not exist.

Any reasons why this issue is arising?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. I had to edit the SQL file to remove the commented lines.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Good day guy

i have this problem.

I try to install the phpVMS-AirMail-master.zip

When i try to upload plugin i have this error: Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /web/htdocs/www.virtualiroma.it/home/newvar/admin/modules/Plugins/Plugins.php on line 403

In the folder ..../admin/modules/Plugins/uploads i see the file.zip but i have unsuccesful process

Have you any idea?

Regards

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have updated the Plugin Manager module to include the option to download a module from github directly to your site and install it, this is in addition to the original method of uploading a module from your desktop.If you have written a Plugin Manager compatable module that you would like included in the listing of available modules in the Plugin Manager, send me an email at david<at>simpilotgroup<dot>com with the link and I will get it added.

The Plugin Manager module has also had recent updates from Jeff Kobus (lorathon) that make the module more adaptable to different file structures. Thank You to Jeff for this additional functionality.The latest version is available on my Github account. If you already have the plugin manager installed you should be able to simply overwrite the old files with the new without issue, but as always, make a backup just in case.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Just uploaded the Plugin Manager. It shows in the addons, No links only shows plugins/sidebar.php on the top left

Eddie, looks like you have downloaded the latest version which is setup to run with the latest development version of phpVMS using the .php template extensions. Try downloading the version located here which has the .tpl template version, this should solve the issue you are seeing.

https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-Plugins_Manager/tree/tpl_version

Hi Dave,

Any idea what I am doing wrong to get this error? I guess I need to get rid of the extra "/" somehow...

Notice: The template file ".../public_html/net-flyer//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in .../public_html/net-flyer/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

• Administrators

Hi Dave,

Any idea what I am doing wrong to get this error? I guess I need to get rid of the extra "/" somehow...

Notice: The template file ".../public_html/net-flyer//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in .../public_html/net-flyer/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Looks like the same issue as here -> http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/6978-plugin-manager/#entry84715 <- version conflict for template extensions.

• 2 months later...

Hey, i get this error when i enter the plugin page

Notice: The template file "/home/u660694964/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/u660694964/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248 Notice: The template file "/home/u660694964/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/uploaded.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/u660694964/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248 Notice: The template file "/home/u660694964/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/footer.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/u660694964/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

• 2 months later...

Notice: The template file "/home/a1166040/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in/home/a1166040/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/a1166040/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/uploaded.tpl" doesn't exist in/home/a1166040/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/a1166040/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/footer.tpl" doesn't exist in/home/a1166040/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

I to am getting that error when downloading could you help me resolve it I am unsure what you mean by refresh that function on time?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Notice: The template file "/home/joinbbva/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/header.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/joinbbva/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/joinbbva/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/uploaded.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/joinbbva/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

Notice: The template file "/home/joinbbva/public_html//admin/templates/plugins/footer.tpl" doesn't exist in /home/joinbbva/public_html/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 248

I get this error any help?

• 7 months later...

Warning: opendir(modules/Plugins/uploads/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home4/hva2014/public_html/admin/modules/Plugins/Plugins.php on line 43
Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home4/hva2014/public_html/admin/modules/Plugins/Plugins.php on line 46
Warning: closedir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home4/hva2014/public_html/admin/modules/Plugins/Plugins.php on line 73

Any suggestions?

• Administrators

failed to open dir: No such file or directory

I would make sure that the folders within the Plugins module folder are all present and can be written to by the system (permissions).

It is looking for the uploads folder that is shown here -> https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-Plugins_Manager/tree/master/admin/modules/Plugins

• 2 months later...