Fuel Calculator V_1.1

Parkho

• Moderators

Dear All,

The Fuel Calculator V_1.1 is now released. Below please find out how it works:

Thanks

Features:

-Admin now can add aircraft parameters based on the VA's fleet.

-Fuel calculations are now more accurate.

-After the result is shown the pilot has an option to email themselves a copy of the result.

Tryout: www.parkho.ir - Module Test

License : Freeware

Screen Shots:

fc1.PNG

fc2.PNG

fc3.PNG

fc4.PNG

fc5.PNG

Download:

FuelCalculator_V1.1

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

is there a source where data for airliners can be found?

found a bug in 1.1 it does not add data to database

One good and accurate source is FSPassengers X where you can find all the data but only after you have flown with the a/c. Also, Wikipedia is another source where you can find those data. :D good luck.

• Like 1

Thats the DB sorted. However, I am still confused. :wacko: The two params, Fuel Flow and Fuel/Hour. It says to "Enter Fuel Flow". How is this gauged? lbs per hour, gallons? And then it says "Enter Fuel Per Hour in FEET", that makes no sense. :(

Thats the DB sorted. However, I am still confused. :wacko: The two params, Fuel Flow and Fuel/Hour. It says to "Enter Fuel Flow". How is this gauged? lbs per hour, gallons? And then it says "Enter Fuel Per Hour in FEET", that makes no sense. :(

FEET could mean cubic feet but not sure ;)

ok played with it a bit

Fuel per Hour in Feet is kg

Fuel Flow: also kg

Enter Averege Speed in NM: knots

example A320:

Fuel Flow: 970

Fuel per Hour in Feet: 3000

Enter Aircraft Range: 2615

Enter Maximum Altitude: 37000

Enter Averege Speed in NM: 480

Parkho there is a typo in the word Averege should be Average ;) and in Fuel Params Aircraft listing in admin Avereage Speed too

question what would be realistic Fuel Flow values for B737-300, B737-400, B757-200, B767-300

Thanks Txmmy83. I am starting to get my head around it. ;) So it's in Kgs. But "Fuel Flow" is still unclear. Is this Kgs per...what?

Also typo's in results.tpl. "Estimated Fuel Requiered" should read "Required". :) And "Total crusing fuel" should read "cruising"

Thanks Txmmy83. I am starting to get my head around it. ;) So it's in Kgs. But "Fuel Flow" is still unclear. Is this Kgs per...what?

Also typo's in results.tpl. "Estimated Fuel Requiered" should read "Required". :) And "Total crusing fuel" should read "cruising"

Fuel Flow is totally clear to me it is the consumption in Liter/Kg on 100nm

the Problem is more where to find this data :)

• Moderators

Yes, but if you want you can use the demo version for free but you'll be restricted to fly from one airport only. BTW, you'll need to actually fly with the aircraft in FSPAX before you can actually pull that data out. :D

I have the approximate data for a 738 as reported by FSPax:

Fuel Flow: 1360kg

Fuel per Hour in Feet: 3250kg

However, after a test flight (EGNX-LMML) actual fuel burn was 25539. To get FuelCalc to reflect that, Fuel Flow has to be reduced to 940.

More testing required I think. Oh, and this time I will use zero weather. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can get the fuel flow from your own PIREPS. Once you have 20-30 pireps per aircraft type it should be reliable enough. Obviously the more pireps the more reliable the calculations will be.

I use the following code to update a field "fuelflow" in my aircraft table:

function CalcFuelFlows ()
{
 $sql="select icao, count(icao) amount, sum(fuelused) totalfuelused, sum(duration) totalduration, sum(fuelused)/sum(duration) average from  (";
 $sql=$sql." SELECT aircraft,  icao, fuelused, flighttime_stamp, hour(flighttime_stamp)+ (minute(flighttime_stamp)/60) duration";
 $sql=$sql." FROM `ACS_pireps`, ACS_aircraft";
 $sql=$sql." WHERE ACS_pireps.aircraft=ACS_aircraft.id and ACS_aircraft.fuelflow<>0) pireps group by icao";
 $averages = DB::get_results($sql);

foreach($averages as $aircraft)
  {
   $sql="update `ACS_aircraft` set fuelflow=".$aircraft->average." WHERE icao='".$aircraft->icao."'";
   DB::query($sql);
   echo "<br>".$sql;
  }
 return "success";
}

That will set the average fuel flow for each aircraft type. You can then calculate the amount of fuel you need depending on the trip length plus an hour reserve and some hold/taxi fuel.

Note that if your phpvms counts fuel in Lb than these values will be in Lb, if you set it in KG it'll be in KG.

Note also if you want to use this for your system you must change the tablename prefix from ACS_ to whatever you have.

• Moderators

I used your old 1.0 version, so I udated to the 1.1 version now, but when I go to the Fuel Calculator Parameters in the admin section and try to add parameters, it can't because there are NO aircraft listed in the dropdown list?! What am I missing here?

I think you have install problem. Try reinstalling that would fix your problem. ;)